LEGALISED RIP OFFS

BiscuitsAB

LE
how about the citizens’ inalienable right to challenge an accusation in court?

This has always been a grey area, often left up to the judge or magistrate whether a successful defendant could reclaim costs but the ethic was there to be used.

I use the past tense because it has now been proposed by ministers that a motorist successfully challenging a speeding or parking fine should meet the costs of their own defence, which would come out at around £1,500 a throw, hardly worth arguing the toss about a £40 fixed penalty for speeding, is it?

More to the point is that the right to challenge a court in Britain is centuries old. Are we going to let a bunch of politicians change the ancient laws of our society and overrule our civil rights?

Probably.

I thought this was going to be about ISP's advertising "Unlimited Broadband" but having a "Fair usage policy" in the smallprint.

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
I thought it was just going to be about standard Liebour taxation policy.

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
Shall I get the bus??

I understand that the mighty brain behind this move is none other than Lord Willie Bach. No surprises there then: he was a complete duffer when he was Min (DP) before Paul Drayson, after which he became the person responsible for fcuking up those payments to farmers a couple of years ago.

I think the new type driving licence is a con it only lasts tenyears then you have to pay forty pounds, I think .for a new one. But If you kept the old paper type you dont until it runs out.

tropper66 said:
I think the new type driving licence is a con it only lasts tenyears then you have to pay forty pounds, I think .for a new one. But If you kept the old paper type you dont until it runs out.
Wait until you need to renew your passport!

I am not going to renew any more doc's , sod em Ill stay in Wales from now on ,, and get ride of all the junk I have in various parts of the world, pistols, pump action shotguns and toys that the PC wonkers have baned in UK

Elastoplast. Perfectly legal.