Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BiscuitsAB, Nov 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

how about the citizens’ inalienable right to challenge an accusation in court?

This has always been a grey area, often left up to the judge or magistrate whether a successful defendant could reclaim costs but the ethic was there to be used.

I use the past tense because it has now been proposed by ministers that a motorist successfully challenging a speeding or parking fine should meet the costs of their own defence, which would come out at around £1,500 a throw, hardly worth arguing the toss about a £40 fixed penalty for speeding, is it?

More to the point is that the right to challenge a court in Britain is centuries old. Are we going to let a bunch of politicians change the ancient laws of our society and overrule our civil rights?

2. Yes, because they will do it silently, and not tell anyone.

Standard Operating Proceedure, I believe your mob call it?
  3. Has this not already happened?
  4. I thought this was going to be about ISP's advertising "Unlimited Broadband" but having a "Fair usage policy" in the smallprint.
  5. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I thought it was just going to be about standard Liebour taxation policy.
  6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Shall I get the bus??
  7. I'd start first parading it if I were you.
  8. I understand that the mighty brain behind this move is none other than Lord Willie Bach. No surprises there then: he was a complete duffer when he was Min (DP) before Paul Drayson, after which he became the person responsible for fcuking up those payments to farmers a couple of years ago.
  9. Er no. It was parked legally but was given a ticket anyway. We're now saving up to mount a successful appeal against the fine.
  10. I think the new type driving licence is a con it only lasts tenyears then you have to pay forty pounds, I think .for a new one. But If you kept the old paper type you dont until it runs out.
  11. Wait until you need to renew your passport!
  12. I am not going to renew any more doc's , sod em Ill stay in Wales from now on ,, and get ride of all the junk I have in various parts of the world, pistols, pump action shotguns and toys that the PC wonkers have baned in UK
  13. Elastoplast. Perfectly legal.