Legal Status when Occupying SFA

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Adjutant, Nov 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is my legal status while occupying a quarter? Am I a tenant in exactly the same way I would be if I lived in rented accomodation in civvie street?

And if so, who is my Landlord?

2. As far as I'm aware we don't have the same rights as a civvie tenant. We live in the quarters under a licence. God knows what the difference is but DE or whatever they call themselves this week will tell you it's very different.

3. CBO, I can't access that - could you give me a non-defence intranet link or PM me please?

Adjt

4. Adjt,

Check your PM.

CBO

5. Rising MSQ charges, MHS (Making Housing Shite), kinda makes you glad to serve eh????????

6. Try Street -v- Mountford 1985 and Clear Channel UK Limited -v- Manchester City Council. In both cases the Courts totally ignored the name of the arrangement and just treated the cases on their merits. In both cases the landlords lost.

7. You are a licensee as the qaurter comes with the job. Hence whwn you leave the service you have to leave the qaurter. JSP 464 contain the Tri Service regs on housing. This may help.