Legal Status when Occupying SFA

What is my legal status while occupying a quarter? Am I a tenant in exactly the same way I would be if I lived in rented accomodation in civvie street?

And if so, who is my Landlord?
As far as I'm aware we don't have the same rights as a civvie tenant. We live in the quarters under a licence. God knows what the difference is but DE or whatever they call themselves this week will tell you it's very different.
Counter-Bluffer-Ops said:
You occcupy the property under licence. You are the licensee and the licensor (effectively the landlord) is the S of S for Defence.

Under this arrangement you do not enjoy the rights of that of a tenant occupying accommodation covered by a tenancy agreement.

You need to read:

Try Street -v- Mountford 1985 and Clear Channel UK Limited -v- Manchester City Council. In both cases the Courts totally ignored the name of the arrangement and just treated the cases on their merits. In both cases the landlords lost.
You are a licensee as the qaurter comes with the job. Hence whwn you leave the service you have to leave the qaurter. JSP 464 contain the Tri Service regs on housing. This may help.

Similar threads

Latest Threads