Legal drugs???

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by sammyw, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, awhile ago (2 months maybe) i was given a hit of a drug named Salvia, it severely screwed my head up pretty bad for 2 minutes then i was pretty much fine after that. I was assured the stuff was legal and sold in shops to be smoked.

But now i worry whether i should leave it awhile before i start applying because i have no idea how long it stays in your body nor if they even test for it.

Anyone have any knowledge on the matter i would appreciate your opinion on what i should do.
  2. are you retarded?
  3. Probably best not to mention the use of a mind altering drug to any potential employer, especially the British Army.
  4. applie now ul be fine just get will sweat it out alot quicker.
  5. The only legal drugs (apart from tobacco and alcohol) are those sold for medicinal purposes and available over the counter or by prescription. NOTHING else is legal - no matter what "someone" might tell you. For info this also includes cannibas - it is truly amazing how many people think that, due its reclassification and availability in some European cafes, it is legal.
  6. They will ask you if you've ever taken drugs be honest. When i joined we had our first CDT (compulsory Drugs Test) after the long weekend at the end of week six. We were told it was then so that as long as we hadn't taken anything since we started training then it would be out of our system.

I would say your best bet is to speak to the AFCO and get the up to date info straight from the horses mouth so to speak.
  7. salvia is legal yes,, by the time you end up going to basic training you will be well clear, its been 6 months since i first applied and am not going to basic until another 3 months,,
    similar to cannabis am guessing so if its a one off and you dont do smoke regular it will be about 2-3 weeks before its out your system,, it you smoke regularly (weed) it will take about a month to get out your system and 6months to get out your hair..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.