Legal advise

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by TRAZTAZ, May 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I need some, regarding being hooped, now I do realise that only RAF legal advise can advise a soldier...............because they arn't green and it's fun to take pieces out of the army, but who and where do I seek advice with as to weather I have a civil case, and what it is , sueing, etc?
  2. You won't get legal advice from the military to mount a challenge - to sue someone etc. Your best bet will be to contact citizens advice, they might be able to put you in touch with a solicitor to seek a quick buck. The RAF / RN may provide legal advice to a soldier in a ct marshall (i think).

    Now, i don't know the background etc but before you do go legal though, have you considered:

    a. Taking to your chain of command - Tp Comd, OC, CO.
    b. Submitting a service complaint - there is a JSP i think.
    c. Taking a look at yourself - maybe an honest reality check might suggest you've not been hooped.

    Even in law, if you try and go nuclear legal before looking at other, lower level more reasonable remedies, you might be viewed as just wanting retribution rather than justice which significantly weakens your case.
  3. Where are you? If you are in the UK just pop down your local High Street. There's bound to be a Solicitors Office near there. If you are in Germany, look in the back of Soldier magazine. There are usually 2 or 3 firms advertising there. Phone one of them.
  4. If he's a Scouser, there's always Brian Jackson :D
  5. Don't knock him.
  6. Bickies, as you well know, I've had a lot of dealings with him and wouldn't dare knock him. He's saved me a lot of paperwork in the past.
  7. I am in Germany, have submitted JSP 831 F, and that is moving along as we speak , what I am wondering is can you challenge the COC in a civil court if you have been hooped by them , had a look at self no problem , had a good pointer that this annex F is going places but the question is still there in the back of my mind can I sue these people who have wronged me?
  8. Are you after financial compensation? If yes, then civ legal advice would probably be your best bet once you have left the service, not sure if you can take any legal action against your CoC whilst serving.

    If you are after righting a wrong against you then you have already set the ball in motion, just ensure you are able to produce all the facts.

    Good luck.
  9. OK, I have got the story. It's not a biggy (well not to me) and can be sorted.

    Bickies PM me when you get a chance.

    Slugster xxx
  10. Sluggy, its sitting with a 2 star, big enough or still not a biggy?
  11. You're mising her point mate. She used to serve with the KINGOEs....your problem therefore, is mere chicken sh*t.
  12. I fixed your spelling, and you still haven't PM'd me...... You scaredy cat. :)
  13. 2* is normally the second port of call for a service complaint; after that it's the Army Board and after that, if you're an officer, you can make representation to Her Majesty (although I've never heard of anyone taking matters that far). A SC cannot bring about disciplinary proceedings against those you believe have wronged you. However, it can highlight issues to the chain of command who can then initiate a secondary investigation with a view to administrative or disciplinary proceedings. It cannot award financial recompense.

    Does your complaint have something to do with career fouling?

    Any issues you don't fancy discussing here, PM me and I may be able to help/advise.
  14. Good job you have a damned fine sort of dog to take your mind off things now and again?
  15. ORC you are so right, off to bed now so we can be up early early to go swim , and boy can the super dog swim now too!!