Leg of lamb.

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by vvaannmmaann, May 26, 2013.

1. On or off the bone?

2. Definitely ON, but peel 2 cloves of Garlic - make an incision next to the bone then push the cloves in. Smear in salted butter and Green Ginger Rosemary then roast at 220ºC for 20-24 minutes per kilo - turning once.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maybe next time!
    You were both out voted.Rolled and stuffed with garlic, anchovies and rosemary is the new way to go!
    I remain to be convinced.

• Like Like x 2
  4. On the bone, seasoned with salt garlic and rosemary, then when most of the meat has been eaten, become a pig and remove the remnants with youre teeth. Lovely but i daren't let "er indoors" see me do it. Apparently it's common!

5. Anchovy garlic and rosemary is a sound choice. On or off the bone.

This is very good:
    [​IMG]

6. On bone in slow cooker for 8 hrs, garlic and thicken up with bit of lamp gravy towards the end (I'm a singly in the block)

7. I was pleasantly surprised.Very tasty it was.
    Thanks for the tips!

8. Are we talking eating or rubbing up against? I prefer mine as a pair and with the wool still on!

9. Drivers_lag

Drivers_lag On ROPs

You ******* Godless little heathen. Proper lamb? 8 hrs?

Unbe-*******-lievable.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Off the bone. Butterflied and rubbed with olive oil, salt, sage, garlic and rosemary. Stick it on the barbecue at a fairly high heat for a few minutes to seal it then move to the side to a low heat and let it grill slowly with a sheet of bacofoil over it to trap the moisture and prevent it drying out. Turn after about 15-20 minutes and do the other side the same way.

Keep the bone for making gravy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kleftiko.