Leg of lamb.

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by vvaannmmaann, May 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On or off the bone?
  2. Definitely ON, but peel 2 cloves of Garlic - make an incision next to the bone then push the cloves in. Smear in salted butter and Green Ginger Rosemary then roast at 220ºC for 20-24 minutes per kilo - turning once.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Maybe next time!
    You were both out voted.Rolled and stuffed with garlic, anchovies and rosemary is the new way to go!
    I remain to be convinced.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. On the bone, seasoned with salt garlic and rosemary, then when most of the meat has been eaten, become a pig and remove the remnants with youre teeth. Lovely but i daren't let "er indoors" see me do it. Apparently it's common!
  5. Anchovy garlic and rosemary is a sound choice. On or off the bone.

This is very good:
  6. On bone in slow cooker for 8 hrs, garlic and thicken up with bit of lamp gravy towards the end (I'm a singly in the block)
  7. I was pleasantly surprised.Very tasty it was.
    Thanks for the tips!
  8. Are we talking eating or rubbing up against? I prefer mine as a pair and with the wool still on!
  9. You ******* Godless little heathen. Proper lamb? 8 hrs?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Off the bone. Butterflied and rubbed with olive oil, salt, sage, garlic and rosemary. Stick it on the barbecue at a fairly high heat for a few minutes to seal it then move to the side to a low heat and let it grill slowly with a sheet of bacofoil over it to trap the moisture and prevent it drying out. Turn after about 15-20 minutes and do the other side the same way.

Keep the bone for making gravy.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Kleftiko.