Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leftover from your evening meal - sell it on Facebook

Right let us say for instance Mrs (Insert stereotypical Indian name) sells 25 large portions of curry a week for £5/portion, over a year that would net her £6500. Not bad for fantastic curries and you can even choose what you would like.

Isn‘t that how Pataks started?

That Levi Roots bugger as well if I remember correctly, flogging homemade sauce at ‘carnival’

(edit, though obviously in both cases there are ‘cultural sensitivities’ that would inevitably prevent prosecution, whereas I have no doubt at all that the local trading standards would be positively wetting themselves over the chance of dragging old Mrs jenkins through the courts for a successful prosecution over the five jars of homemade tomato chutney she donated to the church raffle...

Last edited:
I’ve a tin of compo sausages for sale, only one missing.

RP.

That Levi Roots bugger as well if I remember correctly, flogging homemade sauce at ‘carnival’

(edit, though obviously in both cases there are ‘cultural sensitivities’ that would inevitably prevent prosecution, whereas I have no doubt at all that the local trading standards would be positively wetting themselves over the chance of dragging old Mrs jenkins through the courts for a successful prosecution over the five jars of homemade tomato chutney she donated to the church raffle...

My last office was in a complex with a lot of asian run businesses. They often had meals shipped in at lunch cooked by one of the wifes of someone who worked in there.
It was very nice stuff (I indulged a few times) and no one once complained about ill effects. It was later explained to me that they are just as fussy about the quality of their food as we are and got some cracking Indian take away recommendations out of them.

Didn't Levi Roots expand from an appearance on MasterChef or Dragons den?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer