Leftover from your evening meal - sell it on Facebook

Left overs just sell them on Facebook

It appears that there is a developing trend for unregulated food outlets to be sell food through Facebook and I expect other web sites

Takeway food at it best

How people buy and collect food from someones residential home is beyond me

Archie

Archie
[/QUOTE]

Deliveroo, Taxi, parcel force, motorcycle courier, drone, royal mail, send the wife,.....?

Last edited:

To be honest if you’re stupid enough to be buying food off fb, if you get dysentery and such, you had it coming.....

It appears that there is a developing trend for unregulated food outlets to be sell food through Facebook and I expect other web sites

Takeway food at it best

Archie
I've often wondered, when viewing all those tempting jars of homemade jams and chutneys and the homemade cakes and biscuits that bow the tables at Scout bring-and-buy sales and village church fetes, "What if one of those lovely little old ladies is actually a drooling psychopath?"

"What if one of those lovely little old ladies is actually a drooling psychopath?"
Psychosis sems to be a common trait in females anyway so it's just another chance one takes when dealing with them.

Psychosis sems to be a common trait in females anyway so it's just another chance one takes when dealing with them.
Or psoriasis.
Mmmmmm..
This was on the telly this morning. The council will be all over those selling stuff from their house. Rightly so.
Taking some food to a poorly neighbour is one thing, selling your leftovers to others? Wrong. You can’t give left over scran to pigs these days.

What would posses anyone to buy leftovers from anyone, much less someone you don't know?

To be honest if you’re stupid enough to be buying food off fb, if you get dysentery and such, you had it coming.....
If it's anything like around here, I'm willing to bet most of the leftovers for sale are tins of Chef Boyardee and Kraft Dinner with hotdogs mixed in.

If it's anything like around here, I'm willing to bet most of the leftovers for sale are tins of Chef Boyardee and Kraft Dinner with hotdogs mixed in.
I’ll be stopping by in a few, you at least got Beefaroni on the cooker?

Takeway food at it best

Archie
The world of stupidity on Facebook is just stupidity that we would not imagine possible which is facilitated by internet connectivity.
If people cannot work out that random takeaway leftovers from random people on the Internet is not a clever idea then Darwinism can take its natural course

I can vouch for TooGoodToGo, as long as you pay attention to where it’s coming from.
It was recommended to me by a mate, who lives in Slough and has a good assortment of choices. He’s had a good few selections from his local bakers etc

In Salisbury you have two choices - a Chinese takeaway that never has anything (but I’d be wary anyway) or the White Hart Hotel.
At the White Hart, just time it to pick up as soon as the collection window opens, and the breakfast buffet is fully stocked. Take a selection from the hot plate and add a pile of croissants, fruit etc

A different experience was when I risked an Ibis lunch. A bag picked by them of dried up unidentifiable stuff.

The world of stupidity on Facebook is just stupidity that we would not imagine possible which is facilitated by internet connectivity.
If people cannot work out that random takeaway leftovers from random people on the Internet is not a clever idea then Darwinism can take its natural course

I can vouch for TooGoodToGo, as long as you pay attention to where it’s coming from.
It was recommended to me by a mate, who lives in Slough and has a good assortment of choices. He’s had a good few selections from his local bakers etc

In Salisbury you have two choices - a Chinese takeaway that never has anything (but I’d be wary anyway) or the White Hart Hotel.
At the White Hart, just time it to pick up as soon as the collection window opens, and the breakfast buffet is fully stocked. Take a selection from the hot plate and add a pile of croissants, fruit etc

A different experience was when I risked an Ibis lunch. A bag picked by them of dried up unidentifiable stuff.
Not sure where the selling leftovers on fb came from on this thread, but the story it is based on has nothing to do with leftovers. It is about people cooking food in their home kitchen and selling it in a takeaway fashion using FB as an advertising platform, not selling a half eaten kabob or Big Mac.

Not sure where the selling leftovers on fb came from on this thread, but the story it is based on has nothing to do with leftovers. It is about people cooking food in their home kitchen and selling it in a takeaway fashion using FB as an advertising platform, not selling a half eaten kabob or Big Mac.
So, I can't shift this half-eaten Whopper then? :?

Am I missing a trick here? I think it's a bit of a diversionary tactic here.

Right let us say for instance Mrs (Insert stereotypical Indian name) sells 25 large portions of curry a week for £5/portion, over a year that would net her £6500. Not bad for fantastic curries and you can even choose what you would like.

Now Mr BBC sells TV licences at £154.50 a year and has 27 million households (plus) that works out that Mr BBC gets
£4,171,500,000. You can't choose anything you like and you have no choice if you pay it or not (In general as it currently stands)

I saw the report on the news and it was nothing about food standards or allergies etc, although it portrayed that to be the case. It was all to do with basically declaring a business which then would have to be vetted by local authorities and such. Accountability.

So in essence having a little side number churning out a few meals is dodgy, unsafe, unregulated and dodging the taxman is wrong. However your potential customers have a choice if they buy a product off you or not.
But if you are open and upfront and tell everybody "you have to pay this, but we will give you what we want and that's it end of!" that's fine.

Mind boggled!

Bagsy Chez Mush_Dad for my patch.

The rest of you can sod off.

Trade laws still apply. Public liability insurance anyone?

Trade laws still apply. Public liability insurance anyone?
Yes, I remember a few years ago now the little old ladies baking cakes and doing jam were forced out because they were required to have hygiene certificates etc. I doubt it's changed so these 'home kitchens' must be operating as businesses but it sounds so much better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
foodie Films, Music and All Things Artsy 18
beemer007 The NAAFI Bar 0
SecurityGeek Cookery 22

Latest Threads