Left hooker A2

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by mungeous, Mar 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All,
    Although I generally pass an APWT on the first run through I am strongly left handed and struggle with mobile and reactive shoots. Pistol and shotgun are used left handed.
    What do I have to do to get my hands on a L/H A2, there must be more than popping in to the QMs?
    Rgds
    Mungy

2. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

And if it's not a wah, and you're just stupid, then the answer is "you can't"

3. o yeh???

this bloke got himself one.................................

[​IMG]

4. I agree with the high potential wah risk of the thread but when I was first on the range and had to learn how to shoot with peasant handed side with the rest of the crowd I was told that it was possible to convert a rifle to left handed but the huge amount of hassle and leaping through hoops meant that it was almost never done

5. Not this again :x

Yes of course you can shoot an A2 lefthanded

Go on give it try !!

6. Dr. Stealth will do you one. For a price!

7. Almost never done? How about "never done" as it's not possible. The only way to convert an SA80 to LH drive would be to design a new body with ejection on the left, mirror image the bolt carrier inside etc.

8. I strongly believe that anyone asked this question should be made to do this.

9. On Automatic.

10. Lovely...

11. Saw the thread title and thought he had lost his prossie on the A2 in Kent!!

12. A few left-hand A1s do exist, but the Treasury decided that a half-developed right hand version was sufficient for the forces.

13. They were made as trial weapons, and were binned as a bad idea to save money.

14. hi kids.

there were prototype LH SA80's made, theres many an army urban myth over the years on why it wasnt adopted.

the SA80 uses the 'Stoner System' bolt, same as the M16/M4, AR18, Steyer Aug, G36 ect ect.....
    there are LH AR15's (civvy semi-only M16's on the US gun market) and the Steyer Aug can be converted to LH with a new bolt fitted and the opposing ejection port cover swapped over.
    to convert a SA80 to LH would need a new bolt with the extractor and ejector positions mirrored over, and a new ejection port hacked... sorry, i ment precision machined, on the LH side of the receiver. you would have to mod the carrier for a c0cking handle on the left. making a new bolt would be the tricky bit, it would be a lot easier to get hold of a AR or Aug LH bolt and mod it to fit.
    your only real issue is then what to use for a LH dust cover and how to block up the now unused ejection port. ( you want this as convertable or may i just weld the hole up?)
    yes it is possible to convert a SA80 to LH. but to be honest with the cost involved whats the point? would be easier to go out and buy a new rifle IMHO.
    but I'm bored. how much money have you got?

15. Better to be a peasant than this:-

Sinister is originally a Latin term for left or to the left (and by extension, left-handedness). It is often used to mean evil.

See, all you left handers are the spawn of the devil :D