Left Handed Question

Just a quick question if someone could answer me please? :D

Does the Army/TA cater for left handed people? I remember going on a Tuesday night about 6 years ago (something came up before i could join) and with the PTI not in we were taking to the rifle range....and i found it pretty hard and arkward using the rifle right handed, plus my right eye is weaker then the left.
Does they have left handed rifles? Whereas if they did it would feel alooot more comfortable

Cheers :D

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Search the site. This has been covered God knows how many times.

I am left handed, but have learned to shoot right handed. Get over it.

The army feeds all its people, even the left handed, but the SA 80 family of weapons have to be fired from the right shoulder - I could tell you why, but it's a secret, and then I'd have to kill you.....

haha just searching for my head since its just been bite off :D

well ive pretty much trolled most of this TA forums and havent come across it yet...

if it means i have to use my right hand then so be it :) jsut a general question coz i was curious

but cheers for the replies anyhoo :D

G

Goku

Don’t listen to that rabble.

You don’t have to use your right hand, try shooting left handed and see which way you find most comfortable.

:thumleft:

Goku said:

You don’t have to use your right hand, try shooting left handed and see which way you find most comfortable.

Cheers appreciated mate

Got my medical in 2-3 weeks so looking forward to signing up :D

Mennox said:
Goku said:

Cheers appreciated mate

Got my medical in 2-3 weeks so looking forward to signing up :D
Closely followed by dental surgery!

I am left handed and they let me train that way - i still have no idea why i scream when i pull the trigger - i also get bad blemishes on my face and wear an eye patch!

Talking of which never get yourself too close to the right hand side of an LSW gunner (infact don't get close to any other weapon) when setting up an ambush or you'll soon know about it.

TA_sig said:
Talking of which never get yourself too close to the right hand side of an LSW gunner (infact don't get close to any other weapon) when setting up an ambush or you'll soon know about it.
random, but true

Stop fückin' people about and making light of this, folks! It's not funny!

It was only when our troop looie realised I was left-handed and allowed me to shoot as such that I achieved credible scores with the SLR, Sterling and Hi-Power.

Admittedly, the SA80 can only be fired right-handed, but left-handers should be allowed to receive a corresponding amount of instruction to enable this.

Is there any question in the initial questionnaires addressing left or right handedness? Maybe that should be discussed.

MsG

I know someone who was in the Para's, he claims to have been issued with a left handed SLR. Can anyone shed any light on this one?