Left handed firing

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by k613, Aug 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was on a range recce at Bramley today. The Civil and Nuclear Constabulary were on the area with all their whistles and bells rehearshing their contact drills. Imagine my surprise when I saw one of the coppers firing his L85A2 left handed round cover. I never recall left handed firing in any of the PAMs. I didn't say anything and just let the cocking handle to continue to hit his face! Is it any of the PAMs?
  2. Not as far as I know.
  3. rotate it around its axis over 45 degrees and he ejection and everything else work unimpreded by teeth and cheekbones. not that id do it myself mind you.
  4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

You will do if you go through OPTAG. It is an approved technique for firing round cover.
  5. So the military has moved away from it's 'aimed shots only' ethos?
  6. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

on the A1 you can often pull the cocking handle off.
  7. That's really handy, since we use A2s now. That's like saying you used to be able to fire 2 arrows from your bow.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. We had a numbnut in our unit who consistently fired his Sterling SMG left handed and consistently damaged his ugly mug, he never learnt despite many bollockings!
  9. There has always been that option.

'a trained shot, not an aimed shot' can be use on initial contact and shotgun method.

The Americans have started to fit a reflex sight that uses the 'line of sight' down the righthand side of the weapon at 45 degrees.
  10. the reflex sight is for short stocking though.

firing left handed as I described ccan be a trained shot if it was carried out on a range prior to use in combat.

the only problem for SASC types is that the rotation of the weapon means the shot doesnt travel in a line vertically inline with the Line of sight.

But frankly Im not fussed as it worked for me. (glad its now been agreed its "legal" now I only need to worry about my ear necklace being acceptable as a biometric hard record.
  11. Grumblegrunt

just tell them its dried peaches.
  12. Rehydrated they make a welcome addition to range stew.
  13. Turn the gas off and use as a bolt action
  14. Grumblegrunt

peaches or ears?
  15. Grumblegrunt

you defo get less stoppages
    • Like Like x 1