Left-Hand Drive IW?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Mr_Tigger, Feb 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watching the C5 doc re the Royals in AFG and seen what looks for all the world to be a Left-hand drive IW. Is it just a reversed picture or a new mod?

Attached Files:

2. Reversed image as the SUSAT reticule brightness knob is on the opposite side as well.
  3. How dim of me.

4. They do it for continuity, i.e. if the Enemy is on the right they will always show the Goodies facing left, else it gets distracting to people thinking that they're shooting at their own side. Sounds daft I know.
  5. Mav

Mav Old-Salt

I just saw the episode where this picture was from - didn't seem to help with continuity at all. Did you see it? Can you explain, in this instance, why they did it?
  6. Happens all the time. My favourite is when they have a close up of a head and shoulders shot and the person has a distinctive feature like a mole, and it moves from side to side during the programme.

A few episodes ago of the Marines programme every Marine appeared to be firing left handed during a fire fight.
  7. No, I can't, Sorry.
  8. Mav

Mav Old-Salt

No need for an apology - I don't hold you personally responsible :D