Left eye/Right eye Conundrum

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Pinky5, May 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Generally new here. Search is exhausted, figured I'd have a go at it and throw it out there...

I'm currently in process of joining up. Been shooting a few rifles/glocks with some mates from time to time. I'm a left-handed, and from what I assume left-eye dominant shooter. I've been shooting right-handed with the rifles just as how I've been brought up/taught.

Anyone serving now, a left-eye/left-hand dominate shooter and been trained by the forces to shoot right-handed and right eye? Anyone shooting right handed/left eye? I feel fine aiming with my right-eye, but obviously have not done with an SA80, or the like.

Suggestions, experiences, tips? Want to know what the left-handed/left-eye dominates have figured out. Easier to shoot right hand/right eye, or right hand/left eye etc.?

2. What's a glock?
  3. I think the correct answer was "wah"?
  4. I'm left hand-left eye dominant too & to be honest I had the exact same worry as you, albeit my worrys were 15 years ago.
    I never had a problem with shooting the SA-80, none at all.

The injuries guys can suffer from firing it left-handed ensure you remember not to do it yourself! A good mate of mine fired his gat off the ground from his left shoulder. The end result was a broken cheekbone, loss of 4 teeth and it ripped the left corner of his mouth back 3 inches (He fired on AUTO).

Seriously, you'll be fine.
  5. Is that a link?
  6. What's a link? :wink:
  8. 4 BIT Link?
  9. Who knew the Joker served in the British Army? Why so serious...?
  10. edited for inanity
  11. Serious answer time;

Pinky, I'm ambidextrous (here comes the slagging) but when we did the master eye test, since neither eye was dominant, I chose to shoot right-handed, simply because the SLR was designed to be used that way. I realise that the SA-80 can only be fired from the right shoulder, but I think you'll find that the Army has encountered this situation before, and has its ways of overcoming it.

I shouldn't worry about it. :)
  12. Pinky,watch out for the belt fed Wombat.They can catch you out when fired from the left shoulder.
  13. I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous
  14. WHAt a very poor effort!!!! Belt fed Glock indeed :oops: