Left a bit, right a bit.....ooops!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Flatcap, Oct 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oopsie, looks expensive.
    Glad they're all okay :) .

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Lucky barstewards to all get out safely, that is quite a substantial drop!

3. No it looks like a normal DROPS :D

I'll get my coat

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Drop Shorts in Drops drop off bridge

Lucky Lucky barstewerds

5. Lucky barstewards? Mate - can you imagine having to explain that? How is that going to go -

The Lie - "Don't know what happened Sir, the steering suddenly shanked to the right - must have been something on the road."

The Truth - "After six hours on the road, I developed convoy ccok, and while the lads were asleep, I decided to have a shank"

6. I thought the "Flying Gunners" used Motorbikes :)

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

:clap: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8. Unsubstanciated rumour was that a Gunner Fricket was at the controls

coat

9. What if they were due to drop the container on the bridge and they fell asleep while doing so?
    Then it'd be "Drop-Shorts in DROPS drop off bridge caused by drop off during bridge drop off " :twisted: :D .

Oh well, I thought it was funny, but then I'm easily amused 8) .

10. Back to a serious note...if the local people are inconvienienced and having to make detours of 60/100 miles is it beyond the 'talents' of the RE to construct a 'Bailey or its modern equivalent' bridge to facilitate normal life....or does this come under the 'accident fatality/threatened suicide so close down vast swathes of motorways/trunk roads, have untold nos. of 'Plod' standing around chatting, looking important whilst 40,000.00+ people miss meetings/hospital appointments/trains etc scenario. I remember when a barge hit and damaged Hammersmith bridge some years back, my brother in law was one of the civil engineers on the repair job, it took the cnuts 14 months just to survey and do a damage report, never mind the work...

In the the rest of the World they just put a blanket tent around the corpses, pull the vehicles out the way and 'one' can carry on with ' living'

11. "Oh the wagon I signed out? Thats erm..... Well - You see the thing is"

12. Do they have women drivers then???

13. Incidents like this are caused by an unexplained phenomenon, whereby anyone sitting behind the wheel of a DROPs suffers a rapid onset of Down's syndrome.

14. ouch! is there any protection inside for them?