Left 4 dead 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by TaffJ, May 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am visiting the UK from Oz and brought my laptop with me (purchased in Oz) I decided to buy a copy of Left 4 Dead 2 in the UK as the Oz version is cut to bits to please the anti blood games hippies.

When I put the disc in the drive and click on Autoplay.exe not much happens. Is there a problem with the laptop being a Region 4 dvd drive and the disc being Region 2.

Any ideas please peeps, I'm not too au fait with the gaming side of things?

2. Probably the region, but you change the region of your player in the properties in computer mangmement

3. Thanks for that Smudge, but as we speak it appears to be loading, must be witchcraft or something like that.

Stand by for updates....

4. Another possible workaround - if you don't want to change your region setting - try entering the serial code into Steam.

Not sure where, but maybe something like register new game - there's definitely a tab for doing this though. If you can do this, the you will probably be able to download it directly from Steam's servers.

edit: Doh!

5. Cancel...cancel...cancel....By some magic the game has loaded. The Steam site turned up somehow and I entered the code and it loaded, so thanks for the advice guys. It would appear that you can put region 2 games onto PCs from elsewhere.

Off now to try and kick some zombie bottom or more likely to have my bottom kicked by zombies.