Lees in Darwin for trial

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Oct 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/lees-in-darwin-for-trial/2005/10/14/1128796710163.html

Everytime I read over this case, something feels 'wrong'. It was worse when Falconio first disappeared , I just couldn't shake the feeling she was being "economical with the truth" . I even had a very vivid dream about it at the time, and went as far as to send an e-mail to the local fuzz describing the dream. (In my defence, it was an Arrser that made me do it)

Got a very nice email back from Ozplod saying "Thank you, and every avenue and theory was being investigated" and not "Jeez another mad ba***rd seeing visions" which is probably what they were thinking after they read the email :D

Oh well, let's hope they get the right person.

2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Couldn't agree more, PTP. Every time I hear the girl's version of what happened, I think 'liar'. But having said that, emailing your dreams to the Ozzie plod is fücking barking: had you been working particularly hard that week? You were lucky not to be sectioned at long range...

3. I'm glad somebody else thinks "Rat! Big fecker too!" when they hear this story, there is just something iffy about it that almost feels like some ropey old whodunnit plot.

4. There is just something not right about her story and her actions around that time.

5. Concur! But get the feeling it may actually be survivors guilt OR maybe, and this is pure speculation based on several other isolated 'couples' kidnappings in which one survived, a case of she may have bargained her way out, or deserted a situation she NOW believes could have turned out with neither dying.......

Just a thought.....

PTP, you need to see a heid doctor! Nutter! :D

Beebs

6. I get the same dodgy feeling too, as if it just doesn't quite make sense.
    BUT apparently there is DNA evidence of the accused from the scene....so now I don't know what to think. I suppose they could have been in cahoots, but then he would have blabbed by now.....

7. Maybe she's one of those unfortunates who doesn't relate well to other people and always comes across as crooked, 'cos every time I see her alarm bells clang.

I guess her infidelity at the time of the murder probably contributed to her seeming a bit iffy, but even her language now doesn't ring true.

8. Maybe he faked his own death to get away from the jezabel.

Stone her!

9. What's that skippy?

Some bloke hiding out in the bush for four years?

Says his missus is mad as a fish?

Begs us not to blow the story?

10. Well, I'm certainly glad that I'm not the only one who thinks the whole story was fishy from the get-go. I read up as much as was available when it happened, and since then I've never been able to shake off the feeling that it doesn't add up. Although I never went so far as to send an e-mail to the Aussie Old Bill.
    What I can't quite understand is why Lees's story seems to have been accepted at face value, when so many people smell a rat.

MsG

11. IIRC the local plod gave her a hard time of it for quite a while and until they bumped into mr suspect I don't think anyone believed her story.

12. Whatever way one cuts it, there is something just not 'right' about this case. Too many things simply don't add up.

13. Is it not the case that his DNA has been found on her shirt cuffs ?.

There has been a pervading sense of Oz-Plod waiting for someone to let something slip ... as indeed Brit-Plod do on occasion.

Was the deceased well insured ?.

14. On a lighter note, she's a cracking bit of crumpet though!

15. She doesn't mind a bit either, apparently. How long before she is besieged by arrsers offering to "console" her?