Leeming Expeditionary Air Wing NATO-ready

Ministry of Defence said:
An RAF Expeditionary Air Wing (EAW) has been declared ready to support NATO following a series of gruelling tests which culminated in Exercise Agile Eagle held at RAF Waddington in mid-November.

More...

Does this mean they are fit to deploy anywhere in south Yorkshire and Lincolnshire?

"The Eagle series of exercises has enabled Leeming EAW to demonstrate their ability to run a deployed operating base in austere conditions....."

2* Hotels only then?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I take it leeming is now the jump off point for worldwide (cyprus - they wont go anywhere else) deployments then.

I never new easy jet flew from leeming, is that what their brochure means when it says edinburgh?

As in having to exert some intellectual effort and lateral thought. Difficult concepts for the Army to grasp I know.
What intellectual effort is required in phoning the CHBA to get your 5* booked? Lateral thought = "they'll probably want to stay under canvas, what can we do to ensure we get a hotel?".

F

fozzy

"The Eagle series of exercises has enabled Leeming EAW to demonstrate their ability to run a deployed operating base in austere conditions....."

2* Hotels only then?
Yeah - and that A1 can be a right pain...

Honestly, these RSS feeds are getting beyond parody

Will they be given medals for taking part in this exercise? Since they are now awarding medals for Libya to those who's task was to go into work in the UK they may as well try it on for this too.

I love these threads. The most gruelling thing those cnuts undertake is trying to stuff their corpulent carcasses into their combat 95. Those RAF bumpers might as well put a sign up that says "abuse me anally".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Waylander Sappers 5
S Aviation 16
S Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0