Leeds United back on Form!

I see Hockaday is probably going to get the boot after Watford. Guess we saw it coming. We just go round and round in circles with this club. I don't give a **** if Cellino buys back Elland Road or that he pulled us out of debt - I think he is absolute poison and an indicator of what is wrong with modern football: millionares looking for toys to play with.

We need a holding midfielder who can hit the ball long, we need two dedicated wingers and some consistency in our tactics. We also need to continue to develop our youth (we just got rid of Tom Lees for no good reason) and stop buying unnecessary players from Europe to fill the gaps we keep leaving.

chimera

LE
The old ones are the best:

"What's white and slides down tables?....

....Leeds United"

After such a great Christmas/New Year campaign will we see:

a. Another new manager by the middle of January?

b. Another new owner by the end of February?

c. Off to League 1 by the start of May....?

All of the above?

:-D

I am dreading the taunting from my mates here in Bristol, as City wave at us as they pass us on their way to the Championship, while we settle into their vacant spot in League 1!

Possibly the worst team Leeds team I can remember. Difficult to sort out who is really shit and who is just shit but I agree Bianchi deserves a special mention. Forget all that 'keep the faith' bollocks it's time to confront the reality that we are just genuinely rubbish. Half of our overpaid muppets couldn't even complete a simple pass. No idea what has happened to Byram but he is a poor shadow of the player he used to be. Mowatt's dead ball delivery was woeful and he is supposed to be one of our 'stars'. I thought our best player tonight was Adryan and he only had 19 minutes. What's happened to Sloth - maybe he deserves another chance?

chimera

LE
My favourite image of the "legend" that is Billy Bremner

brem.jpg

westendboy

On ROPS
On ROPs
He was a bit `ard but there was no need for this.

bremner_350x475_420186a.jpg

A bit puzzling as I thought the other guy was Frank Mclintock but appears to be a Liverpool strip and played for Arsenal then?

Last edited:
He was a bit `ard but there was no need for this.

View attachment 189377

A bit puzzling as I thought the other guy was Frank Mclintock but appears to be a Liverpool strip?
It's Kevin Keegan. The scrap is renowned, mainly because it took place during the Charity Shield match at the start of the 74-75 season. They both knocked lumps out of each other before they were both sent off.
In fairness I think 'our Billy' instigated it with some 'robust' tackling, and Keegan retaliated. Voila.... A scrap in a charity match!

Ta Cregg. My first thought was wah Kev. Before his perm obviously.
Oh God.... the perm! :-o
He got that when he transferred to Hamburg SV, beginning of the 77-78 season I think, or possibly the season after.

Cue one of our teachers who fancied himself a bit (and Miss Ochyra, the girls PE teacher, and he got her I think!) getting a matching perm.

Last edited:
Brian Clough sums up Leeds to a tee:

“chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest f*cking dustbin you can find. Because you’ve never won any of them fairly. You’ve done it all by cheating.”

Brian Clough sums up Leeds to a tee:

“chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest f*cking dustbin you can find. Because you’ve never won any of them fairly. You’ve done it all by cheating.”
1974 called, they want their drunken ranting red nose quote back.

What news of Mafeking Dingerr?

Latest Threads