Leeds United back on Form!

chimera

LE
Nice to see Leeds United really on form against such classy opposition, scraping a win against a League 2 side (and with only one player sent off).

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28652351

How the mighty have fallen.

The days of Don Revie are well and truly gone Brian Clough would be loving it.

Up The Rams.

Wets.

This just about says it all, the best part of The Damned United.

Wets.

chimera

LE

RABC

LE
Anyone here old enough(like me) to have remembered being in the Lowfields Road stand, in the 70s and 80s , when they used to win things ?

ugly

LE
I certainly remember Bob Stokoes Sunderland slapping them down in the FA Cup Final!

exgunner

Old-Salt
Dirty Leeds.......yep, & that's just the way we like it! Wasn't it Dave Jones who called us vile animals.......well to us, that's a badge of honour. If you're not Leeds you wouldn't understand.

Harvey, Gray, Reanie, Cherry, Madely, McQueen, Bremner, Lorimer, Clarke, Jordan, Gray. That was a team!

Posted in a break from looking for the cat, who's gone into hiding!

Didn't do to well against Millwall though did you?

Ahh, Peter Lorimer - The original biter. He only did legs though.

No, you're thinking of Norman 'bites yer legs' Hunter. Peter 'Hot Shot' Lorimer was the guy with the hardest shot in football. Goalkeeper Peter 'The Cat' Bonetti of Chelsea, once believed he'd got his body behind the ball and saved Lorimer's shot, only to find he'd been put in the back of the net with the ball!

Those were the days, when players had 'proper' nicknames instead of unimaginative crap like 'Giggsy' or 'Gazza' or 'Scholesy' or 'Becks' etc?

Last edited:
1975, watching the 1975 European Cup final on a black & white tv in a flat in west London. Bloody hell, what a magnificent team and then to lose to a bunch of German "bankers" who blocked their goal for 88 minutes to win on a couple of rebounds. If I had been in Paris that day I would have been tearing the seats out as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_European_Cup_Final

No, you're thinking of Norman 'bites yer legs' Hunter. Peter 'Hot Shot' Lorimer was the guy with the hardest shot in football. Goalkeeper Peter 'The Cat' Bonetti of Chelsea, once believed he'd got his body behind the ball and saved Lorimer's shot, only to find he'd been put in the back of the net with the ball!

Those were the days, when players had 'proper' nicknames instead of unimaginative crap like 'Giggsy' or 'Gazza' or 'Scholesy' or 'Becks' etc?

You are absolutely correct sir. Thanks for reminding me.

I first went to Elland Road when I was about 7 or 8 so it would have been 61/62.

Billy Bremner was fouled in the penalty area and insisted on taking the kick himself even though he could barely stand up. Naturally he missed. Only cost half a crown in those days. (12 and a half p for any snapper whippers).

That`s all I remember.

philc

LE
I had the privilege of seeing Leeds last game in the Prem League, snigger.

chimera

LE
I had the privilege of seeing Leeds last game in the Prem League, snigger.

You must be getting on a bit then... :)

Hahahaha
images-4.jpeg

Latest Threads