Lee Rigby killer to launch an appeal [MOD Edit]

Oh, good. 2 threads. At least this has the link.

sguyw

LE
Christ almighty, the left wing, hippy tree huging, hand wringing mob will be backing this bollocks no doubt.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Phew, that's okay then! Chop someone up, get put away for the rest of your natural and then renounce violence, after the deed has been done, in the hope of a shorter sentence!!!

ACAB

LE
It's merely the usual mob doing everything in their power to squeeze as much legal aid as possible out of the system.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
No one can criticise them for trying it on. However, sentences may be increased for ill founded or cynical appeals. 45 years? Now make it a solid half a century.

They should both have been dropped permanently by the Police when they were waving that gun around, after the attack on poor Lee Rigby*. It would have saved years and years of this sort of shit.

* I know the Police acted with commendable restraint at the time.

He's lost one appeal. He's just trying to work the system (which deplorably allows for it) but won't have a cat's chance in Hell of getting anywhere. Still, gives him something to do I suppose. Be interesting to know how much the lawyers are getting for all this, though.

ACAB

LE
He's lost one appeal. He's just trying to work the system (which deplorably allows for it) but won't have a cat's chance in Hell of getting anywhere. Still, gives him something to do I suppose. Be interesting to know how much the lawyers are getting for all this, though.

212k and counting so far.

He murdered someone. Why shouldn't he use his right of appeal? Or does the English Legal System not apply to him, because he killed a member of HM Forces?

Just because he is appealing, doesn't mean he'll be granted a reduction in sentance - or should all those who cause suffering to anyone in the forces suffer a fate worse, than a fate worse than death?

Don't get me wrong - his crime was repugnant (I hope he rots in jail), but the fact the victim was a soldier shouldn't alter the way in which the law treats him.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer

They were radicalised while in the UK and persuaded that murdering an innocent soldier would strike a great blow for Islam and possibly even start a major uprising. Now they are away from the radicalising influence and with every chance of not leaving prison until they are pensioners. Suddenly clutching at straws looks good to them.

Personally I hope they appeal every year and get their names prominently in the papers each time. It might persuade others thinking of going down the same path that they'll rot in jail as well.

Wordsmith

Its not the fact the law allows him to do this that pisses people off , more the fact he doesnt think he has done anything terrible and can get off with a smacked wrist .

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Much as anticipated, Adebolejo is now whining away like the coward he is. He has renounced most of his former religious principles, and no longer considers himself to be a soldier of Islam. Not strong principles then Michael?

He is shown now to be unprincipled and manipulative. If there are any jihadist wannabees watching - this is what happens with real justice. Let him get on with it and humiliate himself further.

This is why the police acted with total professionalism and didnt kill him, this is the justice system at work.

jim30

LE
I am personally delighted they weren't slotted. The idea of these scum waking up day in day out in the hell that is knowing the next half century at a minimum will be spent in Belmarsh or other such places, yet knowing even more agonisingly that you can ask for an appeal, which gives you that tiny tiny slender of hope, only to have it dashed each time is so good :)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Christ almighty, the left wing, hippy tree huging, hand wringing mob will be backing this bollocks no doubt.

The Left Wing anti British lawyers (step forward Mansfield and Matrix Chambers-allegedly) will enjoy milking the taxpayers on this one for as long as they can.

They should both have been dropped permanently by the Police when they were waving that gun around, after the attack on poor Lee Rigby*. It would have saved years and years of this sort of shit.

* I know the Police acted with commendable restraint at the time.

My sentiments exactly.

Failing that, a special Act of Parliament should have been passed to facilitate the use of the death penalty on these two and any other chancers tempted to try the same thing in future, and if that goes against any EU bolleux, then tell our limp-wristed European "friends" to take a hike.

Latest Threads