LEE ENFIELD RIFLE 1915 looking for parts

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by david rees, Mar 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello there, I'm trying to find parts for my rifle, can anyone suggest where I can get a rear sight and a dial plate for a No1 MK111 Lee Enfield 1915?
    Thanks, David.

2. Ebay for a windage sight and a volley sight plate.

Is your rifle live or deact?

3. Look on facebook for the Royal Warwicks, (WW1 Living History Re-enactors).

They have a wealth of knowledge.

They may even sign you up as they are recruiting at the moment.

You may be contacted by a senior member of the group who also posts on here.

4. No wah, but try calling the royal amouries in leeds. They have loads of "off show" gear. I have a contact there, pm me with details of what you need and I will see if they can help.

5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Numrich Gun Parts Corporation Try these fine chaps. New made volley sight parts.

6. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

7. can you help please,, i have just rec a Lee Enfield No1 Mk3 .303 Rifle..deact,, its for vets day in june,, there is a small "loop" in the front of the mag,, any idea what its used for plz,, allso what Bayonet is used on the thing .. thanks

8. The loop was originally for a sling swivel, but then it was adapted to be the securing point for a breech cover:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The correct bayonet is a pattern 1907 sword bayonet.

[​IMG]

9. thanks,,as allways the site comes up trumps

10. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Whats he wearing in the pics? looks like something similar to the WW2 USMC denims

11. I have a feeling that the photo was originally labelled as depicting an Australian soldier, so its possible its a tropical battledress of some sort.

12. thats a hell of a long one,, i went to buy one yesterday,, i was going to grind the edge off ,, but it would still hurt someone,,

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Please do not grind the edge off you vandal!

14. sorry but the only way they will allow me to show it to children is in a safe mode.. no edge,, even the sharp end has to go.. dont like doing it,, it cost me £55:00 to get one too