Lee Clegg back to work

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by vvaannmmaann, Aug 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. all i can say is GOOD - at last a bit of sense.
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Good on him. I have a lot of time for the man.

4. I expect he never has any trouble flagging down an ambulance...
  5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Damn. I was hoping Cleggs Car Body Repair Shop had launched. He looks well on it, good luck to the lad.
  7. Well, they're not going to try to drive past him, are they? What wa the old joke: "Built by robots, driven by pikeys, stopped by 3 PARA"?
  8. "Built by robots, driven by joyriders, stopped by A Company" was the slogan on the mock up car in the 3 PARA cookhouse (according to the tele proramme= I think it was A coy, it could ahve benn another one.

Good news was it got a joyrider OFF the streets.
  9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Good on him!
    Feck,Just after I started with NTL as an engineer in 99,myself & my crewmate had a install job up Poleglass.On walking into the living room the was a picture of Karen Riley on the living room wall! It was her fecking aunt's gaff!!!!
  10. Give the man a .50. - Job done!
  11. I don't see the point of splashing this (it's obviously an MoD press release); as OB says above, his status as a normal member of his bn has long been in the public domain. What will happen now is that there'll be a spate of hate from certain quarters in Belfast, with no good ending. 'Newshound' will have little else to say for a few days...
  12. I used to have a Vauxhall Astra once and I often felt like riddling it with bullets!

In the version of events I have heard, it would seem that nearly everyone in the CofC above Clegg should have been in jail for the rather odd nature of the fatal shooting which was more like an ambush than a VCP.

Clegg was doing what he was told to, by senior soldiers, NCOs and Officers who should have known better.

Wasnt he on his first tour and just out of depot when this happened?
  13. I actually met Sgt. Clegg when I was doing my basic in 2003.

Where I was training he was a PTI and was my instructor for a weeks Adventure Trg. I had no idea about his past until about a year or two later I saw him on the front page of some news rag - big shock!

He was a very keen Para and immensely fit. He made a week of hill walking enjoyable! I still have a photo of my section ontop of Simons Seat with him in it.

Good luck Cleggy! Well done

14. I thought you were going to keep that quiet!