Led Zeppelin concert tickets..a snip at £10K!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Pocoyo, Nov 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know there are plenty of Led Zep fans here. Have a gander at how much some people are prepared to pay. Admittedly it's for charity but quite impressive all the same, 2ish hours to go (at time of posting) and at £10,400 and 67 bids I think it may go a tad further. Auction includes an invite to the aftershow party.

If money were no object I'd love to take a punt. Could be good use of my gratuity!
  2. It might be for yours, mate, but not for mine. I'm planning a George Best trip...

As we're discussing the issue, has anyone bought the latest "remastered" Led Zep album? Is it any good?

The reason I ask is that I understood that Led Zep 1 was recorded on a 4 track tape deck in an afternoon and there can't be that much remastering that one can do from such a source, even assuming that the tapes have been correctly managed over the last 30 years!

3. For those interested and not in the know, Most Led Zeppelin Bootlegs (300 concerts +) including DVD and CD of the O2 gig are available from www.dunroaming.co.uk :wink:
  4. i would luv to be able to afford the tickets!!!! but if we got more than a 2.6% pay rise i would have got them!
  5. Or don't use Soulseek what ever you do
    Also don't type in demo's , sessions , live either :lol:

Edited to add its free so don't use :wink:
  6. I notice no-one left feedback! Maybe £26k was too much for paypal.
  7. I went to see Led Zeppelin at Knebworth in the 70, but fell asleep before they came on. The rain eventually woke me up. Chas and Dave were good though, and so was the beer during the day and on the way down the evening before. Maybe that had something to do with my heavy eyelids…