LED gun mounted lights

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by happybonzo, Nov 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. LED gun mounted lights; are they any good and has anyone got direct experience of using one? If so, what one would you reccomend? I've used Clusons in the past and there seem to be any number of no-name lights on Ebay

I usually use a vehicle powered 12v rescue lamp on the Land Roverbut the fields that I go through have just been reseeded and I don't fancy lugging a car battery around. I'll be shooting rabbit and fox out to 150m

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I used to use a cluson and would be interested in whats out there now!

3. LED Lenser P7 is a powerful and lightweight lamp and takes AAA cells. Not sure it has the range you're looking for though.

4. My local hardware store does the LED Lenser L7 for less than £20. The box indicates a range of 225 metres, and a quick test confirms that it illuminates and freezes next door's cat at about 70m. Haven't tried in on a rifle yet...

5. I've got a couple of L7s. I was thinking more of how to get a red filter onto a L7 torch without resorting to using black nasty.