Leconfield

On a course there for 3 weeks next month. Anything to do around there except drink and masturbate?

You can take in the cultural delights of Hull.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
On a course there for 3 weeks next month. Anything to do around there except drink and masturbate?
Good luck. If it's not changed since 2009, it's a fucked up place to be.

As an NCO, my fellow NCO buddy and I were there for our C1 licenses, and we had to sleep in a shared dorm with the Phase 2 scrotes, including a horrible grotbag in the bed beside me who every night, would go to bed with a bag of choccy from the shop and snarf it in bed. I had to grip him and his admin in the end and watched over him as I made him brush his teeth.

We weren't allowed out without a pass, and on the Friday, we actually had to try and sneak out, and bare faced lied to the SNCO who was on gate duty, explaining that our course was finished, before we could leave.

Place is/was a ******* riot.

Good luck. If it's not changed since 2009, it's a fucked up place to be.

As an NCO, my fellow NCO buddy and I were there for our C1 licenses, and we had to sleep in a shared dorm with the Phase 2 scrotes, including a horrible grotbag in the bed beside me who every night, would go to bed with a bag of choccy from the shop and snarf it in bed. I had to grip him and his admin in the end and watched over him as I made him brush his teeth.

We weren't allowed out without a pass, and on the Friday, we actually had to try and sneak out, and bare faced lied to the SNCO who was on gate duty, explaining that our course was finished, before we could leave.

Place is/was a ******* riot.
So it hasn't changed since 79. Best get RTUd on day one unless you really want the qualification.

Hopefully getting MMA to take my own car so maybe get a bit of dogging done too :)

Get a taxi into Beverley and go to The White Horse, or as it has been known since time immemorial "Nelly's" one of the best pubs in the land.

Truxx

LE
Decent gym, bowling alley, costa outlet, good sports pitches, new SLAM accommodation. Like most places it depends on what you make of it.

Oh and I think there is a whole thread about DST....

Truxx

LE
As an aside, why is this in the RLC forum?

It's a Defence training establishment and last time I looked it was commanded by an infantryman.....

As an aside, why is this in the RLC forum?

It's a Defence training establishment and last time I looked it was commanded by an infantryman.....
It's the Defence School of Transport...........last time i looked, an RLC thingy.

I spent much of my formative youth in Nellies - it is awesome. If you don’t like “real” beer and aren’t prepared for occasional outbreaks of guitars and singing, don’t go; if you do, you’ll spend all night there.

Bev in general is a good run ashore, try Cottingham down the round to Hull, or get into ‘ull itself - as ever, there’s never a shit runashore, just shit runners...

MrMemory

War Hero
Take a wander down The Land of Green Ginger to the George for a pint of their particular cider. They also have/had a good selection of beers.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Decent gym, bowling alley, costa outlet, good sports pitches, new SLAM accommodation. Like most places it depends on what you make of it.

Oh and I think there is a whole thread about DST....
Seriously? I was there in Nov/Dec last year, where is that then?

The place empties at the weekend, I had to stay there. I did get some amusement by watching a couple of crows (male and female) cleaning all the fire escapes stairs on a block as they had been caught shagging :)

Truxx

LE
Seriously? I was there in Nov/Dec last year, where is that then?

The place empties at the weekend, I had to stay there. I did get some amusement by watching a couple of crows (male and female) cleaning all the fire escapes stairs on a block as they had been caught shagging :)
Well there was one - in what was called "Trax", in the same hangar as the gym, opposite 110 Sqn . That said the set-up was taken over by Sodexo so it would not surprise me if the highly popular recreational facility (paid for by the PRI) is no more...

Latest Threads