Leccys and mechs...

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Is_the_link_in?, Nov 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody else heard that ncie little rumour about electricians being retraded to mechs, sorry, installation techs, and the mechs being dual traded...confusing to read i know. Something along the lines of tere will be no more leccys, just mechs with electrician skills....

Any explanation? :?: :?: :?:

2. I've heard that the two trades may have a new supervisor trade called an infrastructure engineer which will involve aspects of both trades. An ideal oppertunity to get ED's onto the higher payband at last!

3. I've heard that the two trades may have a new supervisor trade called an infrastructure engineer which will involve aspects of both trades. An ideal oppertunity to get ED's onto the higher payband at last!

4. Have a look at the Sigs Forum on ArmyNet. There is some good information regarding the idea of the Supvr route, Inst Techs and the possible ED connection.

Long way off mind, Ive heard 2008+ with a maximum term served of 14 years to qualify. Thats a fair chunk of experience out of the door, experience that the younger generations are not necessarily getting.

5. i think it would be one of the army's better ideas. i'm a mech. and i think it would be fookin ideal.

all drivin licences, genny/engine quals for mechs

fibre and structured cablin quals, higher pay band, better promotion prospects for ed's.

why there on this note, why not do away with the driver trade too and have it all as one? after all ed's can do the driver trade at the min. be better in my oppinion.

anyone have any thourghts on this? pm me

6. I think you have missed the point a bit.

It is not about combining trades but enhancing the Inst Tech planner into a Supvr route. The ED connection is with power distribution and planning. Nothign to do with Gennys.

However there may be an opportunity for some ED`s to jump across at class 1level on to the Inst Tech roster to go Supvr. Nothing to do with garages and Gennys.

7. And as if us mechs wernt worked hard enough, we get to take on another whole new set of skills! Rolls on 24 on/24 on!

Nevermind at least i can get a damn good job when i get out!

Thanks for the comments and clearing that up for me