leaving the reserves

What do you mean by "Discharge Papers"?

You just get a letter informing you of your discharge and telling you how to return your kit.. You don't get a P45 or a character report...

Once you're in you can't leave. We need the numbers.

You can have three weekends off a month and 50 weeks off each and every year. Until you're 60.

Resistance is futile.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hi
Can anyone tell me if you receive discharge papers after you leave the reserves .
Thanks
I got a bit of A4 with 'served from - to' on it and a request for kit back. Given that they'd have incinerated the clothing anyway, I demurred.

Once you're in you can't leave. We need the numbers.

You can have three weekends off a month and 50 weeks off each and every year. Until you're 60.

Resistance is futile.
Tell me about it I quit 2 years ago and still get letters noting I have not attended drill nights

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I got a bit of A4 with 'served from - to' on it and a request for kit back. Given that they'd have incinerated the clothing anyway, I demurred.
Yeah,same....I returned an S10 respirator last year,together with the CBA I got issued to visit Bastion....only been in my cupboard six years...Chilwell were quite polite.

Once you’ve signed the correct form...

You will get a P45 and paperwork showing your term of service and qualifications, rank held at time of leaving and medals received.

There will also be errors.

Well they told me when I handed my kit back that they would keep me on file for 3 months. That will be two years in July,l am very interested to see how long they can keep this going

Well they told me when I handed my kit back that they would keep me on file for 3 months. That will be two years in July,l am very interested to see how long they can keep this going
You will need a lot of patience.
1527843362993.jpeg

I kept getting letters from RHQ about non attendance and handing back of kit 4 years after I had left.

Uniform was knackered as it was used for fishing and the rest of it had been flogged to fill up the beer kitty.

I got a certificate, served from to. Along with a mess bill if I remember correctly.