leaving the reserves

mrboo

Old-Salt
Hi
Can anyone tell me if you receive discharge papers after you leave the reserves .
Thanks

HE117

LE
What do you mean by "Discharge Papers"?

You just get a letter informing you of your discharge and telling you how to return your kit.. You don't get a P45 or a character report...

walrusboy

War Hero
Once you're in you can't leave. We need the numbers.

You can have three weekends off a month and 50 weeks off each and every year. Until you're 60.

Resistance is futile.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hi
Can anyone tell me if you receive discharge papers after you leave the reserves .
Thanks
I got a bit of A4 with 'served from - to' on it and a request for kit back. Given that they'd have incinerated the clothing anyway, I demurred.

mrboo

Old-Salt
Once you're in you can't leave. We need the numbers.

You can have three weekends off a month and 50 weeks off each and every year. Until you're 60.

Resistance is futile.
Tell me about it I quit 2 years ago and still get letters noting I have not attended drill nights

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I got a bit of A4 with 'served from - to' on it and a request for kit back. Given that they'd have incinerated the clothing anyway, I demurred.
Yeah,same....I returned an S10 respirator last year,together with the CBA I got issued to visit Bastion....only been in my cupboard six years...Chilwell were quite polite.

arfah

LE
Once you’ve signed the correct form...

You will get a P45 and paperwork showing your term of service and qualifications, rank held at time of leaving and medals received.

There will also be errors.

mrboo

Old-Salt
Well they told me when I handed my kit back that they would keep me on file for 3 months. That will be two years in July,l am very interested to see how long they can keep this going

Dwarf

LE
Well they told me when I handed my kit back that they would keep me on file for 3 months. That will be two years in July,l am very interested to see how long they can keep this going
You will need a lot of patience.
1527843362993.jpeg

I kept getting letters from RHQ about non attendance and handing back of kit 4 years after I had left.

Uniform was knackered as it was used for fishing and the rest of it had been flogged to fill up the beer kitty.

mrboo

Old-Salt
Well that's it I'm out ! Got my p45 today two and half years after handing my kit back......

Well that's it I'm out ! Got my p45 today two and half years after handing my kit back......
Do you have to go back in to sign the 1033 for it?

mrboo

Old-Salt
Nothing the army does would surprise me .I'm haif expecting a letter asking me to hand my kit back...

Dafty duck

War Hero
I got a certificate, served from to. Along with a mess bill if I remember correctly.

Latest Threads