Leaving the forces, need some advice

I have handed my notice in and have been told my waiting time of 6 months will apply. I have a job offer down, and the employer will wait till i am out so thats a bonus.

My question is:

I was told that the European Union had changed the law on people leaving the services, which meant that you could leave earlier. Does anyone know anything about this, or anyway i can shorten my notice?

Thanks

Gary

gazg1281 said:
I have handed my notice in and have been told my waiting time of 6 months will apply. I have a job offer down, and the employer will wait till i am out so thats a bonus.
My question is:
I was told that the European Union had changed the law on people leaving the services, which meant that you could leave earlier. Does anyone know anything about this, or anyway i can shorten my notice?
Thanks
Gary
If your future employer will wait, what's the problem?

You signed a contract when you joined up and therefore you should honour your part of the bargain.....

Just looking at my options, yes i signed a contract!! But if i can start new job earlier then that would be a bonus. Just trying to find out if anyone knows about new laws that come in this year regarding this

They did a trial on this, that trial has now, unfortunatly finished, however, if your job offer is in the public sector i.e. police etc, APC run a discharge board, I think 3 times a year, to consider applicants, spk to your RCMO