Leaving the Army?

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by civvystreettv, Feb 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are you about to leave the Armed Forces? Have you left recently?
    We are making a one-hour/one-off documentary commissioned by Channel 4, following the journey of service personnel leaving the forces and making the transition into civilian life.
    We are looking to find a cross section of people with a range of different military experience who are about to, or have just left the Armed Forces (within the last 6-12 months) and are getting to grips with the new challenges of civvy street.
    Our aim is to make a character led film following the journey of between 3-6 people all dealing with different aspects of leaving the forces. From those who have spent a lifetime in the services, to those who are leaving after only a few years. Whatever your experiences, if you left a few months ago or are leaving later this year, we’d like to talk to you.
    If you are interested in taking part or if you’d just like to tell us your experiences get in touch.

Email: civvystreet@truevisiontv.com
  2. why?

Do you do the same when someone leaves Tesco's?
  3. My transition into civilian life was pretty painless. I went up to the QM's and handed in all the stuff that was on my 1157 and a couple of items that I had on a 1098. 'Thanks a lot, sir', said the WO2 behind the counter, 'We can all go home now...'

Walked around the corner to the gen. off. and handed in my Mod Form 90, the first time I'd been without it in 32 years, 356 days - watched it being cut up into bits, heard the corporal say, 'Well, that's it then...' and walked to my car and drove away. I went back once, about two years later, to pick some brains in the unit I had once commanded, and was told that I'd have to pay for any information I needed. Considering I'd actually written the précis concerned, I thought that was a bit off, and thanking them profusely but insincerely, I left forever.

What I got up to when I left was my own concern, and has stayed that way.

4. Why dont you approach the MoD on this subject?
    Or have they told you to **** off already!
  5. This sounds like quite a dull concept for a TV prog. Has it actually been thought through properly?
  6. What do you think fucknuts ? !
  7. You utter ****.

Incidentally, I'm thinking no.
  8. What kind of dodgy unit charges money to give ad hoc advice to its old boys? Sound like a right bunch of cowboys.

9. Only if it involves a SF Worshipping, gun-luvvin', mild mannered martial arts expert from the Fruit & Veg counter at Tesco Colinton...and even then, they have to pixelate his face.
  10. They would only pixelate his mug to protect the general public from having to see it.
  11. So how many people have you got already? I mean how many window lickers have volunteered for this dull programme?
  12. Up for it are you, you thick walting bastard?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Mine wasn't cut up, in fact I now have it back from Glasgow perforated with an R. Do you think that is worth an episode of it's own?