leaving the army july 2011!!! can i use my leave allowence 2

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by killergibbo, Apr 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. am signing off in july this year and was wondering if i can use my new leave allowence that i will get given in april 2011 to leave the army even earlyer as in use 30 days ect so i can get out a month earlyer!!

if someone could show some light on this that would be great cheers guys

2. You will get leave at the rate of 2.5 days per month (or thereabouts - anyone?). So you'll have probably 7 or 8 days of annual leave to take between 1 April and your termination date.

As well, you'll have your termination leave (should be 20 days) and any Graduated Resettlement you are entitled to.

So no, you cannot use your entire annual leave allowance for 2010/11 to bring your last day in work earlier.

3. I'm no clerk but as I understand it you'll get a proportionate amount of leave with regards to the amount of the leave year you will serve. So, by serving Apr-Jun you should be entitled to about a quarter of your leave allowance. Not the 30 days you were hoping for but probably about 7 or 8.

But as I said - I'm no clerk so could be wrong.

Edited to add - bugger it, far too slow at typing so was beaten to it.

4. cheers for that guys

5. You could always not take your full allowance this leave year, and carry some over.

6. yea i was thinking about that sounds a pretty good idea! its only 15 days u can carry over tho aint it

7. Me? I've got the whole of last year's leave still to take. You, probably only 15 days.

8. You do not count the terminal leave period as they will already be on leave!! Check the JSP!!!