Leaving The Army - How to Celebrate?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bad CO, Jun 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

After nearly 24 years in green, I've got a week to go before I officially become a civvy (again!). Obviously it's been several months since I was last anywhere near a military base and all the departure admin has been sorted. I do feel that I should mark the event in some sort of way though. Any suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I went on a massive drugs bender and generally did all the things I wasn't allowed to do in the army, with the exception of gaying.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Make a sacrificial pyre out of your acquired military items, punch a TA bloke and drink absinthe.

• Like Like x 2
  4. had you already ticked that box? :)

• Like Like x 7
  5. Have a good long cry at the passing of one's youth and the impending decline into decay and decreptitude. Congrats though :salut:

6. Take yourself off to a quiet bar somewhere. Have a few drinks and reminisce. You'll miss it sooner than you think.

And after 24 years, from BANNER to the mess that was the Former Yugoslavia to TELIC and HERRICK, fucking well done!

• Like Like x 15
  7. How very civilised, binning the Mrs with Asian food. How did you celebrate leaving the Forces?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Join the Navy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

No mark civilian

10. I promised myself 6 months of doing nowt (no change there) and eating chocolate and watching daytime telly.

Going to sleep when I want, waking up when I want, buying complete shit off the internet when I want, loud LOUD music when I want, walking around the house naked when I want, eating cheese toasties in the middle of the night if I want, ignoring my phone when I want and dressing like a mong when I want.

I'm nacked on the 1st July. I might have to get a job and JSA and stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  11. You'll try the obligatory beard.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I tried that as well.

• Like Like x 9
  13. French Foreign Legion - Recruiting

• Like Like x 1

14. There is a barber thread going if you get into difficulties with it..