Leaving the Army from BFG, move at public expense?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Homeward_Bound, Sep 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I'm due to sign off this week having served 10 years. I've done a search but none of the threads seem to come up with a definitive answer. I know you don't get your last move paid if you are posted within the UK but is it any different for those serving overseas?

    Am I entitled to removals at public expense back to the UK on leaving the Army?

  2. Ask for your last 6 months in the uk
    normally the welfare office helps out
    if not claim you've split up and they have to move your spouse back
    then when your out you (shock horror) get back together
  3. :idea:

    There are provisions in place and you should speak to your Welfare Ofiice/RAO soonest.
  4. From experience it is best to get back to UK with 6 months or more to go.

    If you cannot do this then, from memory, there are 2 things in the regs. One is that the move at public expense bit ends at Dover and you must pay for rest of the move. The second is that if you are unable to make a timely return to the UK for service reasons, your unit can authorise the whole move at public expense.

    Speak to your admin office ASAP.
  5. Thanks for the replies. I found out on ArmyNet today that after March 19 2007, the MoD are obliged to pay for your final move as long as you have 3 months left to serve at the time of your house move.
  6. Good luck - word of advice - time flashes by rapidly; make the most of your resettlement - it's a good package provided you plan it. Hope it all goes well for you and the family.
  7. Thanks mate, much appreciated.