Leaving the army before 4 year contract

Hello,
I am 22 years old and have currently done 1 3/4 of service.
I have been discussing wanting to leaving the army when I can, this is because I am just not happy with my job and I've wanted to join the police of which I truly know I'd be happy in. I have applied to join BTP and got accepted to the assessment, is there any way that I could leave early to persue It? Also seeming as I would still be working for the government would it be looked at in a good light?
I am desperate to get out (as silly as I sound). I wish I could explain how much I want to get out and to persue my dream career also.

Thank you

Talk to your CoC, but be aware the reason for the length of you initial contract is because of the cost to train you.

You may get released early, under certain circumstances, why not try a transfer to the RMP.

Dont rock the boat to get out earlier, as this can impact all government jobs therefor after.

Talk to your CoC, but be aware the reason for the length of you initial contract is because of the cost to train you.

You may get released early, under certain circumstances, why not try a transfer to the RMP.

Dont rock the boat to get out earlier, as this can impact all government jobs therefor after.
Its not really, its more to do with helping manning figures otherwise they could put a fee on leaving instead of forcing people to stay. A few years back when it jumped from 3 to 4 years they were quite open about it "aiding" retention.

He could go to the med centre and tell them that he no longer wants his medical records shared with the CoC, this will normally result in him being out, however undoubtedly the old bill will want to see his 108 which might not be the best if he blags his way out.

Its not really, its more to do with helping manning figures otherwise they could put a fee on leaving instead of forcing people to stay. A few years back when it jumped from 3 to 4 years they were quite open about it "aiding" retention.

He could go to the med centre and tell them that he no longer wants his medical records shared with the CoC, this will normally result in him being out, however undoubtedly the old bill will want to see his 108 which might not be the best if he blags his way out.
You've suggested that before, and it's a dogshit idea.

Unless you actively want a 108 that will be specifically written to make you look unemployable.

You've suggested that before, and it's a dogshit idea.

Unless you actively want a 108 that will be specifically written to make you look unemployable.
Most people dont use a 108 because civvie street doesn't give a ****, however as it just a word document, you can fill your boots with stories of your time in the SAS if you want and buy a stamp for about a fiver to make it look official.

I know its a hard concept for senior officers to understand but only certain (few) jobs will ever ask for a 108.

Thank you for getting back to me as I am really just finding a way to get out without it having a knock on effect joining the Civi police. So what I've seen here is that I should ask for my medical records to not be shown to the CoC.. is that correct? Is there any other way also or?

Thanks again

Thank you for getting back to me as I am really just finding a way to get out without it having a knock on effect joining the Civi police. So what I've seen here is that I should ask for my medical records to not be shown to the CoC.. is that correct? Is there any other way also or?

Thanks again
If you do that you will probably get a shitter 108. It's your risk whether or not the old bill will ask for it.

So I have emailed the recruitment team for BTP and they require confirmation on my service and dates.. nothing else. So I take it that it is a 108 needed.

I suggest you secure a discharge date before potentially wasting time actively pursuing a new career. The Army does not have to release you early.

Remember, Integrity is non-negotiable.

Before people pile on here and laugh, assume *any* fudging of anything, attempted or otherwise, should it be discovered will wind you up in the bin and blacklisted from the cops full stop.

To that end, be transparent, explain the situation to both your chain of command and Big Top Productions. I'd imagine keeping you arbitrarily around for two more years knowing your head is already out the door might not help the unit and they may release you (if that's possible, I don;t know) but only you are going to be in a position to judge that...and you might be wrong.

Don't play games at this point, the risk of ending badly are significant and once the policing bridge is burned, it's burned. If others tell you it won't, because they got away with x and y and z, don't listen to them. Two years out of a career of thirty (ha! Who am I kidding, it'll be 40 by the time you're done) is small beer.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering what cap badge you are now, and how you are so sure you 'truly know' you'll be happy in civpol.

Many of the attributes you would need to get through sh*t times in the police are the same or similar to those you need in the military, and if you're not coping/enjoying life now, how you will be when you go into one of the single most stressful employers in the UK.

Your safest bet is to hit 4 years and bang out then, having burnt no bridges. Are you taking absolutely every possible opportunity the Army can give you, so education courses/grants, AT, sport, FD etc? If you're just sat in the block every night looking at Xhamster, playing PS4 and eating wotsits, and you're finding life boring, you may find people lacking in sympathy.