Leaving mobilisation early

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by qwerty12345, Nov 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I previously asked abut a problem I was having here. However things haven't improved (in fact gotten much worse), despite going through the chain of command and talking to the appropriate people.
    If it comes down to it (and it may well do) is the CO entitled to release me from my mobilisation early? How would he go about it?
    I'd like to have the facts available so that I can present them to the CoC.

2. Certainly they can send you home unless its compassionte or medical
    its due to the indviduial messing up in someway.Surprisingly it does not seem to hurt their ta career too much.How one does it is way above my pay grade.

3. So are you saying I need to fcuk up massively in some way?

4. He'd get someone to book you a flight and then f**k you off out of there pronto. The Adjt would probably liaise with the SO2 Manning & Reserves to either agree the sourse of action or simply sort out the details eg ensure RTMC were expecting you for demob. And that's about it. The reason should be reflected on your Insert Slip and, if you were at fault, and your parent unit were doing their job, it should reflect on your future career. If it were simply that you were put into the wrong job, then that is not your fault.

I would be very careful about 'presenting the facts to the CoC'. It is up to the CO what he wants to do with you - I would suggest he probably knows the facts already. You don't want to wind people up any further.

5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Sorry, but this is a case where you are trying to have your cake and eat it. You were mobilised, and are now part of the Reglar Army, not the TA. A Regular Soldier can't end an Op tour because they don't get on with their OC, and neither should you.

I may sound harsh here, but the best thing to do is knuckle down, get on with it, and count the days.

By the way, this is the sort of thing that gets the Regular Army going about the TA, and they are quite justified.

6. That would be the quickist way.Yours is a diffrent case guess its up to your
    co what he wants to do .

7. it used to be the case that if you shot someone (not your own side! :wink: ) then you would be rtu'd to prevent recriminations. Not sure thats the case now with all that lead flying about!

8. Not necessarily RTU'd but often posted - sometimes in theatre to jobs where you were "safer" from revenge.

9. we were told defo back to rear party but different formations might have different rules.

10. Fine, fair point. However I have stayed on essentially as a favour, because of manning problems. I was effectively promised a job which would give me a different experience on ops (which I could then have taken back to the TA), but now that isn't happening and i'm just being screwed around. Why should I stay out here on a false promise. It's not a case of not getting on with my boss, thats just part of the picture.
    I'm lucky that I've got a civvy job to fall back on. At the end of the day I do the TA becasue I enjoy it. I'm not enjoying it at the moment, and to tell the truth the whole experience so far is making me wonder whether to stick with it when I get back.

11. I had a few moments like that but luckily I was out in the field for most of the time - is there any chance you could volunteer for more arduous duties? (presuming you are not already storming strongholds in between e-mails?)

13. Welcome to the real army! Never do them a favour you nugget!

14. "favours,promises,screwed around,false promises,not getting on with boss,not enjoying yourself, wondering whether to stick it out or not" could almost be what my ex said about me :D

what kind of bloody army do you think your in? if your on op's then grow up and stop crying about it. we all end up doing jobs we dont particularly like on op's but it needs to be done. you decided to extend your tour nobody else and now your not on a cushy number like you obviously expected you want to cry about it.

im on op's now and doing a job i do not particulary like but it has to be done by someone.

just stop whinging about it and get on with it. as someone has already said start counting off the extra days that you agreed to do and it will soon pass.

15. "favours,promises,screwed around,false promises,not getting on with boss,not enjoying yourself, wondering whether to stick it out or not" could almost be what my ex said about me :D

what kind of bloody army do you think your in? if your on op's then grow up and stop crying about it. we all end up doing jobs we dont particularly like on op's but it needs to be done. you decided to extend your tour nobody else and now your not on a cushy number like you obviously expected you want to cry about it.

im on op's now and doing a job i do not particulary like but it has to be done by someone.

just stop whinging about it and get on with it. as someone has already said start counting off the extra days that you agreed to do and it will soon pass.