Leaving Certificate / A Levels study time

Sphongle

Old-Salt
I was just wondering if I was to get into the army would I be allocated time to study for my Leaving Certificate (Irish A levels). Obviously after training and not on exercise but in my free time. Im to young to drink so there will be no going out on weekends. How long would I get to study each week and would I get time off to do the actual exams? I already have half of the leaving cert done, but I cant hack another year at school. Most of the teachers are far to old and cannot control the classroom. The fact that they clearly dont want to be there does not help, I could say that about the students also actually.
Fees are not an issue as I have all the books already and the fee is only 300 or 350 euro.
I actually find studying on my own is far easier anyways. The only problem I could see would be for Art but Ill drop that anyways. Useless in the real world.

Edit: Forgot to thank anyone who helps in advance. So thank you in advance!

Sphongle

Old-Salt
Why not do them now?
My school is shite (not just being a typical student, it really is) and I seriously cant hack another year in this town. I also cannot get a job in this town so the army would help with money. I have also already done ADSC etc.. so I dont really want to drop out of that.
First and foremost I want to be in the army, education comes second for me at this stage. << That really does not sound smart but in my situation it is the best route to take.

It may seem like a pain to you now,but stay and do the exams.Get them done and then concentrate on your Army career.

Sphongle

Old-Salt
It may seem like a pain to you now,but stay and do the exams.Get them done and then concentrate on your Army career.
If I was to scrap the army and to my exams, I would want to leave school and do them on my own anyways. I find them quite easy its just staying at home for a year doing nothing does not appeal to me. Im definitely going in the army and I plan on staying for years, im just wondering if I can do my Leaving cert whilst in there

Latest Threads