Leaving Army

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by gema201985, May 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My fiancee is on his way out of army as he is an "unhappy soldier" he is in the RLC and the paperwork process is starting tomorrow and I was just wonderin how long it takes as he is desperate to get home

2. It took them about ten minutes to process me

3. If he had completed his engagement and was on an open engagement he would be required to give the Army 12mths notice (signing off)

If he has served a few years he may be entitled to PVR and effectively buy himself out of his remaining obligation - usually 2 weeks if units have their act together.

no doubt someone will correct me on this - i'm old and bold and different rules apply.

4. I get the impression that Gem's fiancee is still in Phase 1.

If that is the case, he can be gone within days.

5. he is in phase 1 he has been there since oct last yr, his troop commander has given the go ahead for him to leave we just dont know how long the process takes, thanks for your replies

6. when is he due to complete phase 1?

id say army life after completion is a whole lot different, unless you are infantry.

7. a made mistake he is now into phase 2 and has been told my c.o today he will be out in couple of weeks as there is back log of paperwork at the barracks

8. Discharge as of right normally expires half way through Phase 2 if im correct, the process can take a week to a month depending on how good a soldier he has shown himself to be (most S/NCO's and the brass will try to keep him in if he has shown that he is the muts nuts)

9. gema201985, you sound like a nice girl, bin the bloke and give me a shout !!