Leaving Army - Civilian Licenses

Hey All,

Im looking to sign off soon and would appreciate a bit of help regarding getting the relevent civilian qualifications before I leave. I'm a class 2 Avionics technician and would like to work as such when I leave. I have been asking around and looking on the internet regarding what licenses and quals I need to work in the civilian aircraft industry. There is so much information I'm a bit lost in it all to be honest. Would appreciate some advice if anyone has done this before? I know I need a B2 License Avionic Engineer, has anyone taken this route before? and what advice would you give?

Thanks,,

FHA

LE
Hey All,

Im looking to sign off soon and would appreciate a bit of help regarding getting the relevent civilian qualifications before I leave. I'm a class 2 Avionics technician and would like to work as such when I leave. I have been asking around and looking on the internet regarding what licenses and quals I need to work in the civilian aircraft industry. There is so much information I'm a bit lost in it all to be honest. Would appreciate some advice if anyone has done this before? I know I need a B2 License Avionic Engineer, has anyone taken this route before? and what advice would you give?

Thanks,,
If you like working the line then B2’s are dying out there. These days they’re asking for the all-singing, all-dancing B1/B2.
However, B2’s seem to be still seem in demand in the hangar i.e. properly trained B2’s (not the B1’s who passed the exams and got a plastic licence tacked on.)
Going forward, long term, you’d be looking at getting B1 and your B2 license.
Takes time but you’ll get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
What makes are you current on?
Helicopters mostly Bond & Bristow but did they join forces?
HQ is at Redhill Aerodrome in Surrey.

Fixed Wing then anyone from BA, EasyJet to the private companies at Northolt?
You should be able to move with an upgrade.

Personally I would wait till Class 1, more experience & these days they look at management skills too.

Mate just joined BA & they are paying for the upgrade courses as most of his are out of date.

ericferret

War Hero
Hey All,

Thanks,,
I would look at Resource group, they can provide a lot of information.

If you can afford it they provide a structured training package. I did several modules with them to extend my licence. Basic but a pass is a pass.

I wouldn't worry about leaving as a class 2, means little in civvy street, the licence is what counts.
The B1/B2 issue cuts both ways, we now have B2' s who are also B1 until you need screw drilling out then they suddenly find other B2 work to do.!!!

Last edited:
If I join the army as an infantry soldier , what jobs would I qualify for after ? Thanks

HE117

LE
If I join the army as an infantry soldier , what jobs would I qualify for after ? Thanks

Member of Parliament?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Jobs (Discussion) 68
J Jobs (Discussion) 95
L Juniors 11

Latest Threads