Leaving and working?

Does anyone know what the score is with getting a job once youve left the army but your still being payed until a set date?
Ive just been offered a job to start next month but my last day is October 9th so im payed till taht day?
Is there a way round this that i can take the civi job?

Suppose you are still "on duty" with the Army while drawing a wage. But what chance is there of getting called back ? Suppose you could just keep stum about it & start. You might get a bit of a tax hit tho. Just my opinion BTW.

You are allowed to "double dip" for your last month. Your CO can sign authorisation for you to do so earlier and most will not have a problem doing so. Look at your tax carefully.

jsp754 said:
Where an individual commences civilian employment pending discharge from the Service, payment from both sources may be received during the terminal leave period.

ah right so its only the last month (terminal leave) that i can draw both wages?
Can i get permission to work earlier?
Ive done with work, ive booked out my unit and de kitted so wouldnt have any issues with working if i was allowed?

ah right so its only the last month (terminal leave) that i can draw both wages?
Ive done with work, ive booked out my unit and de kitted so wouldnt have any issues with working if i was allowed?
I'd go and ask on an anonymous web forum, if I were you. Sod asking my CoC, resettlement or admin type people, what would they know?

Sounds to me like you are on terminal leave.

Edited to add: JSP754 01.0206. allows you to draw a second wage whilst on leave other than 'terminal leave' with your CO's permission.

Of course, what you could do is ask that your new employer doesn't pay you until you're in your final month and then welcomes you with a 'golden hello'.

Of course I didn't suggest such a politician-like solution.

I understand that the CO can sign me off and i know that he will have no problem in doing that but is it atually filling in paper work or making him aware of what im doing?

Work voluntarily for the first month. Your new employer will think you're a star and it will put you in good stead with them for the future....

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
in the old days I heard that some Irish ex Squaddies in London borrowed another mens cards and worked on site in his name , thus getting mateys cards stamped and earning his tax rebate if it was due ! But they had to used to being called o'shea o' Rourke or Flanagan.
Whilst the other chap worked on the 'lump' and drew dole money .