Leave Yemen Now !!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DesktopCommando, Aug 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yemen Terror Alert: Embassy Staff Withdrawn

The US and UK withdraw their embassy staff in Yemen after a bugged call between al Qaeda leaders reveals plans for a major attack.

Britain and America have told citizens to leave Yemen "immediately" as the al Qaeda terror threat intensifies.

The UK and the US State Department have also instructed that their embassies should be evacuated and all non-emergency US government staff have been ordered to leave the country "due to the continued potential for terrorist attacks".

A statement from the UK Foreign Office said: "Due to increased security concerns, all staff in our Yemen embassy have been temporarily withdrawn, and the embassy will remain closed until staff are able to return.

...more on webpage...
  2. Why would anybody want to be in the shithole in any case?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'm not in Yemen but thanks anyway.
  4. $ & £'s,
  5. ....to marry a 5 yr old child ?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Just what does Yemen have that is worth anything?

.....aint that the purtyest sheep ewe ever laid eyes on? Oh,....and she has sisters.....I could fix you up!
  8. A real goldmine

Yemen's top exports:

Crude oil 81.5%

Refined oil products 11.8%

Fish & seafood 2.4%

Most of the remaining 4.3% of exports consists of various agricultural products.
  9. Yemen is a fantastic country, spoilt by a few hundred fanatics in its 20 million population. When it all quietens down in years to come it will become a prime tourist destination.
  10. Can anyone decipher the earring code there? :)
    Gay, Welsh for preference?
  11. Admit it, you brought a timeshare there 10 years ago thinking Yemen was a small fishing town on the southern coast of Spain, didn't you?
    • Like Like x 2
  12. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I think that most of the "agricultural exports" are probably Qhat.

If there is to be a proper, FCO-authorised NEO, I wonder how many will take advantage? Though there may be relatively few 'English' people there, that's far from being the same as the number of British passport holders.
  13. Hang on. Isn't it in Spain? I thought it was just along the coast from Malaga. Have I been conned?
  14. Frankincense and myrrh.
    Nothing else, SFAIK.
  15. Another success for the global war on terror.

Go us!