LEAVE ON POSTING TO CYPRUS

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by BuggerAll, Feb 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

My wife is posted to Cyprus. Does anyone know how much leave she is entitled to between the end of her current post and taking up her new post.

We tried searching through the internet and the intranet and are coming up blank. The unit office has not been able to supply an answer so far - they keep misunderstanding the question. ie Q. How much leave do I get? A I don't know I'll find out (wait out) A Yes you are entitled to leave. Q Yes but how much? A. Oh I don't know, I'm away I'll get Cpl B to find out....(wait out)... A Yes you are entitled to leave. Q. Yes but how much? A. Oh I don't know....and so on... I'm sure you get the picture.

2. It'll be on the posting order. Usually a move between theatres attracts 10 working days leave.

Boney

3. If your good lady is currently based in UK, and is posted to a different theatre (i.e. Cyprus) she is entitled to 10 working days.

This is the rule for all moves between theatres.

Hope this helps. :D

Edited - I just saw Boney's post. He is clearly correct, and it should be on the PO.

4. BuggerAll

Thanks for the info. Just had another look at the posting order - the only detail is her reporting date, nothing about leave etc but we can get on with planning etc

5. When you say you have just had another look at the posting order did you read the sh*te that is on pages 2 -5, concerning admin of the person being posted including leave enitilement.

6. BuggerAll

Yes she/we read it cover to cover - There is stuf about leave if you are posting within the UK but nothing about 'tween theatres (UK to Cyprus).

In fact yesterdays conversation in the unit office was - "Its on your posting order" - "You show me where...(Hands over posting order) "Ah, well it should be there..."

BTW Don't get me wrong the unit office staff have not dealt with this issue before and they are giving the answers they have been given from where ever it is they have been asking.

Thanks for the info - its useful to know what you should have been told, and as I've said it means we can geton with planning our escape....

7. BuggerAll

Thanks boney.

8. Surely a posting to Cypris IS leave. Why would you want any more?

9. BuggerAll

Yea right! I'm going to hate it: I've got to give up my job, be unemployed sit abouit in the sun riding my 'bike, drinking beer on the beach (at diferent times) its going to be hell! But I'll do it with a good grace because of my good lady's career.