• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Leave It Out Ken

I've just received this email and have done as they requested. Put in your details including post code and it will automatically address your email to your local MP.

I changed the Best wishes to Yours sincerely but other than that just left the template extant.

The Royal British Legion recently launched a vital campaign tohelp bereaved Armed Forces families. Thousands of supporters have already takenpart. Click hereto email your MP – it takes less thana minute, and you don't need to know who your MP is!

How we treat bereaved Armed Forces families speaks volumes about us as anation, and about the Government’s priorities.

Parliament, the public, and bereaved Armed Forces families all agree that theChief Coroner is a vital post that will drastically improve the experience ofbereaved Armed Forces families. If Ken Clarke, the Minister responsible,includes the Chief Coroner in the Public Bodies Bill (a law currently goingthrough Parliament), the Chief Coroner will not be appointed. This woulddeprive bereaved families of the independent leadership essential to the reformof the coroners system.

The Legion believes bereaved Armed Forces families deserve better. They havesuffered enough.

We need you to email your MP
and persuade Ken to leave theChief Coroner out of the Public Bodies Bill.

You can find out more at www.leaveitoutken.org.uk.

Thank you for your support.
Best wishes,
The Royal British Legion Campaigns Team

leaveitoutken@britishlegion.org.uk

Got this reply two days ago...

Many thanks for your email. I appreciate your concerns.

The Government is in complete agreement with you about the need for reform of the coroner system

If its an automated email they will just ignore it - and probably mark the cause down. If you care about it take the time to write a carefully crafted rant of your very own.

Poor show RBL - your campaigns folk should know better.

Latest Threads