Leave Christmas alone, say Muslims

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Nov 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A moment of sanity

Muslim leaders joined their Christian counterparts yesterday to launch a powerful attack on politicians and town halls that play down Christmas.

They warned that attempts to remove religion from the festival were fuelling Right-wing extremism.

A number of town halls have tried to excise references to Christianity from Christmas, in one case by renaming their municipal celebrations "Winterval".

They have often justified their actions by saying Britain is now a multi-faith society and they are anxious to avoid offending minority groups.

But the Muslim leaders said they honoured Christmas and that local authorities were playing into the hands of extremists who were able to blame Muslim communities for undermining Britain's Christian culture.

In full

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/11/13/nxmas13.xml

I wish to thank these Muslim leaders for stepping up in the battle against the Polictically Correct Leveller movement who will use any excuse or mantle to destroy everything that their parents and grandparents loved.

2. Worth a read and one in the eye for the PC brigade, very aptly titled AJ

3. Extract from the Quran:

The Birth of Jesus

[19:22] When she bore him, she isolated herself to a faraway place.

[19:23] The birth process came to her by the trunk of a palm tree. She said, "(I am so ashamed;) I wish I were dead before this happened, and completely forgotten."

[19:24] (The infant) called her from beneath her, saying, "Do not grieve. Your Lord has provided you with a stream.

[19:25] "If you shake the trunk of this palm tree, it will drop ripe dates for you.

*19:25 Thus, Jesus was born in late September or early October. This is when dates ripen in the Middle East to the point of falling off the tree.
    1599 92726

[19:26] "Eat and drink, and be happy. When you see anyone, say, `I have made a vow of silence [to the Most Gracious]*; I am not talking today to anyone.' ' _____________________________________________________________________
    * 19:26 The statement [to the Most Gracious] occurs in the Original Arabic Quran after "vow of silence" and is not included in the English translation. (submission.org editorial change)

[19:27] She came to her family, carrying him. They said, "O Mary, you have committed something that is totally unexpected.

[19:28] "O descendant of Aaron, your father was not a bad man, nor was your mother unchaste."

The Infant Makes a Statement

[19:29] She pointed to him. They said, "How can we talk with an infant in the crib?"

[19:30] (The infant spoke and) said, "I am a servant of GOD. He has given me the scripture, and has appointed me a prophet.

[19:31] "He made me blessed wherever I go, and enjoined me to observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and the obligatory charity (Zakat) for as long as I live.

[19:32] "I am to honor my mother; He did not make me a disobedient rebel.

[19:33] And peace be upon me the day I was born, the day I die, and the day I get resurrected."

The Proven Truth

[19:34] That was Jesus, the son of Mary, and this is the truth of this matter, about which they continue to doubt.

[19:35] It does not befit GOD that He begets a son, be He glorified. To have anything done, He simply says to it, "Be," and it is.

[19:36] He also proclaimed, "GOD is my Lord and your Lord; you shall worship Him alone. This is the right path."

[19:37] The various parties disputed among themselves (regarding the identity of Jesus). Therefore, woe to those who disbelieve from the sight of a terrible day.

[19:38] Wait till you hear them and see them when they come to face us. The transgressors on that day will be totally lost.

*19:36 This is similar to the statement attributed to Jesus in the Gospel of John 20:17.
    1602 92827

[19:39] Warn them about the day of remorse, when judgment will be issued. They are totally oblivious; they do not believe.

[19:40] We are the ones who inherit the earth and everyone on it; to us everyone will be returned.

The politcally correct in the town halls in question should get out and study the Quran more. Thank goodness for a dose of commonsense.

4. I know quite a few muslims who do celebrate christmas after all its a mixed up celebration of religion/pagan end of year pi55 up. They might not try and consume NATO's stocks of Beer, but they give presents, cards, do the tree ect. Personally Its good to see that some of the whallas in the PC brigade getting a bloody nose!

Winterfest? my arrse!

5. On BBC Breakfast this morning, there was a young woman representing a Muslim students' association (scarf and macknay, no veil) who was unequivocal in her stance that turning Christmas into Winterval was absurd, for several reasons:

1. She accepted that the majority of Britons are at least nominially Christian, and therefore Christmas would be the majority holiday.

2. Christmas as a holiday can promote healthy values for families that everyone benefits from.

3. She herself loved Christmas growing up...although she didn't celebrate the religious aspects herself, she enjoyed the pantomines, the decorations, etc. at school. (I though that was rather sweet, she had that kid's gleam when discussing this aspect that you rarely see on any kid's face nowadays.)

4. She'd be offended if someone tried to change the name of a Muslim holiday to make it less Muslim, so why should Christians not be offended if someone changes their holiday?

5. Finally, taking the Christian aspect out of Christmas would just make it a day about materialism.

The padre next to her agreed with everything she said. It was refreshingly positive.

6. Leave Santa alone!!!!!!!

B'stards.

7. Had a christmas on an oil rig in Pakistan in 1999. Coming back in from a long shift on Xmas day, they camp iman and is cohorts excitedly dragged myself and the only other Brit off to a side room. They had gone to a lot of trouble putting together a xmas cake and tea (no "special" tea though!!). It was a genuine display of friendship and hospitality to a coulple of lads away from home at xmas. It was was also Ramadan, and they hadn't broken fast yet, which shows an even greater respect from their side. Not trying to make any great point, apart from I haven't met any Muslims who remotely objected to xmas, in fact quite the opposite.

I'm glad the quiet majority of Muslims' views have been made to the PC bunch. Oxymoron = Council Race Relations Officer.

8. my family always get Christmas cards and a present from the (very strict) muslim bording school up the road. My friends and I exchange Christmas / Eid cards...
    The PC brigade must leave very dull, souless lives, as well as being very unhappy if they get offended as much as they think everyone else does...

9. The whole point is that Islam recognises Jesus as a prophet whereas the politcially correct brigade do not acknowledge or even know of this, cocooned as they are in their own world of ignorance.

10. At last, the body bearing the voice of reason acquires its balls.

Halle-frickin-lujah!

11. You cow, you laugh at me when I get excited about Christmas! :oops: :giggle:

It's refreshing and reassuring that minority faiths are prepared to speak out to protect the traditions of the majority. It's a shame and in some cases a disgrace that it's come to this, but hopefully the worm has begun to turn and we're taking a step away from Powell's “rivers of blood” prophecy as for a while it's seemed that we've been hurtling toward it.

12. sorry to be pedantic but I really loathe it being referred to as "xmas" - it is christmas

13. no subsitute for common sense, I too got christmas cards from a muslim as well.

can we see more of this please, It would be goo dto see may Ethnic minorities mixing and accepting British way in addition to their own, ousting extremist and PC pillocks at the same time.

14. works both ways though - we had an Eid party at work :D

also one year organising Christmas lunch muslim lady would not go into a pub due to religious belief - no problm we just made sure to book the do in a resturant. It is all about respecting others' beliefs and expecting them to respect ours - do unto others as you expect them to do unto you

15. Muslims share many common traditions with Christians. Above all, they are both religious. That is often bizarrely overlooked.

Currently Christmas appears to bebecoming "Winterval" (or whatever). An extended shopping and gluttony spree. It doesn't take the brains of an Ayahtollah to work out that sauce for the goose may well suit the gander as well. Could Ramadan end up as an autumn shopping festival in our Mammon-centred atheist conspicuous consumption society? As monotheists who advocate respect and tolerance of "People of the Book", Muslims will respect the Christian tradition of worship.

The vast majority of Muslims clearly do not welcome the direction society is heading in, whether it is to do with terrorism or secularisation or the discarding of family values, with children being treated as adults and adults acting like children. These "initiatives" are the brain children of middle-class white people with bizarre guilt complexes stemming from their stable childhoods, which create a need to identify with perceived "victims" of "intolerance" by debasing their own tradition.