Leave at MCTC

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by spr_doghead, Oct 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heard a rumor that you still get christmas leave while serving a sentence at Colchester!!!

Is this true??? :?
  2. I f@*king hope not!
  3. Ha Ha.
    You made me laugh
  4. Wah?
  5. Sir, I am 250***80 Cfn Smith, charged under section 71(1) of the Army act 1955, awarded 18 days detention, by the Commanding Officer of the School Of Electronical and Aeronautical Engineering, I have no requests or complaints, Sir!

Sill makes me shudder!
  6. Shouldnt this be in the Naafi? I think also you still get a Christmas present left at the end of your bed too.
  7. Yes. On Crimble eve, Santa throws open the gates and issues you all a travel warrant, 72hour pass and a bin bag full of cash.

Merry Christmas
  8. Jailed for being a sprog? :D

I heard at MCTC for good behaviour, fit Whores from St Tropez picked you up of the square in a converted Mil Mi8 Hip....... in the back is a sex swing and a minibar
  9. I know of one case where a recruit from an ATR who was sent for a short course at MCTC was 'persuaded' that she had a good case for redress or appeal. It just so happened to coincide with the Christmas period, two weeks for appeal to be processed, appeal fails and back she goes to complete her 'course'.
  10. This was back in 1995, and I didn't go to MCTC. I was kept in local poky, which I'm pretty sure is a great deal harder than MCTC. But I played the game, and got more than my "issued" 2 cigarettes a day :)
  11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Christmas ?
    Staff will bring you a cooked breakfast in bed
    After the Only fools and Horses Chrimbo special a party at the Naffi
    A bus load of nurses from Guilford will be brought in to add Christmas cheer :wink:
  12. A friend of mine said a bus full of nurses come to MCTC on xmas eve to help Santa dish out the prezzies and the best room gets some personal rehabilitation from the nurses before been issued a 48hr pass

i need to read the comments in detail (boy syrup beat me too it)
  13. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Your name's not Bradshaw is it??
  14. No leave over xmas - or new year for that matter

So the only thing you will be unwrapping is a new bar of soap ;-)

If your in, your in!!!
  15. ven't been charged but did send someone to Collty a few years back so forgive me if my wording isn't correct.
    You may commute part of your sentence after being charged as there is the opportunity to take 14 days to appeal. If you do so you could theoretically miss the Xmas period but only if you were charged on or around the 15-20th Dec.
    You dont actually get leave for this but seeing as most of your unit will probably be on leave during this period then its feasible that you could spend the time at home.
    As for putting in a JPA leave form when you are there.... forget it.