Leatherman

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by aflyinghaggis, Mar 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ouch, yestarday I was cutting into something with a Victorinox swiss army knife and almost lost the top of my index finger when I was cutting into something when the blade folded into me! Well I want to buy a Leatherman as I realise that they have locking blades, does anyone know a good budget model and where to get it cheap?

2. Get a Leatherman Juice. Compact and stylish, ideal for the modern soldier. Plus they don't look gay at all, in their vibrant colour variety.

3. I've done that before, just about did my fingernail in half!

Do a search on gerber or leatherman, there was a couple of pages worth of discussion on this topic just about 2 weeks back.

4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I'd be just as careful with them - the cutting blades on a Leatherman are (or used to be, anyway) coated surgical steel - years ago when I was supporting the hardware in a dodgy call centre in manchester, my boss borrowed mine, with me warning him 'careful - it's REALLY sharp.'
    five minutes later he was on his way to A&E to get his fingers sutured...

5. Does anyone know how good the Gerber Suspension is?

6. I've got one, it's pretty good overall. The pliers have a spring return in them, which is handy, the handles are chunky enough to give a good grip and the price is good for what you get.
    I don't rate the pouch much that comes with it, I would reccomend getting a tougher one.

7. I have always been a Gerber man myself.

The PX in JHQ is the cheapest place to get one, if you are in Germany. If not, I reckon Ebay might be the way fowards.

8. I can get a Gerber Suspension for £24.99 ;)

9. You have to remember that Gerbers and Leathermans are good multi tools but not good knives. If you need a knife use a knife!
    Most people that I know who carry a multi tool on their belts also carry a good lock knife.

10. < Thats what the Ka-Bar is for m8 :D

11. [​IMG]

Can highly reccomend this.

12. That's what I use

13. I think the Leatherman Juice leathermans (?) are really cute!! If I had one I would definately go for that because of the pretty colours!! :D