• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Leatherman Wave Repair

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Does anyone have any idea where I can get a Leatherman Wave repaired? It's actually probably a really easy fix. The blades in one of the handles are very loose. The screws, however, are wierd shaped and no screwdriver (including star shaped). I can't find the receipt because I've had it since Telic 1, so I assume Leatherman won't be interested.

I handed mine into Tisos who sent it off no questions asked maybe any stockist would be able to do the same?

Sent from my iPad using ARRSE app......I hope!

I think its 'security torx' screw driver not sure what size you need you should be able to get the 1/4" hex inserts for a 1/4" hex driver

Write to them and ask, they used to be guaranteed for 25 years, (although not sure if that has changed)( It has not), and the Wave has not been out that long.

I broke one of the original leathermans and got a new one sent out no problem.

Cheers
Gadge

BTW Google is your friend!! :eek:)

Leatherman Warranty: International

WHITBY & CO.
AYNAM MILLS
CANAL HEAD NORTH
KENDAL
CUMBRIA
LA9 7BY
UNITED KINGDOM
TEL:+44 1539-721032
FAX:+44 1539-729573
www.leatherman.co.uk
sales@whitbyandco.co.uk

Schaden

LE
Book Reviewer
Send it back to Leatherman - I did for repair and they sent me a new one telling me to be more careful in future at no charge.

Ive sent mine off to Leatherman in the states a few times. Keep braking the file! They send you a brand new one, as its easier to give new than to fix. send it to a Mil address as customs leave it alone then.

I sent my Wave back through Whitby & Co for a broken pliers tip.

Sent on a Monday returned by the Friday no questions asked.

They have a 25 year guarantee so you should be covered.

Q.

Write to them and ask, they used to be guaranteed for 25 years, (although not sure if that has changed)( It has not), and the Wave has not been out that long.

I broke one of the original leathermans and got a new one sent out no problem.

Cheers
Gadge

BTW Google is your friend!! :eek:)

Leatherman Warranty: International

WHITBY & CO.
AYNAM MILLS
CANAL HEAD NORTH
KENDAL
CUMBRIA
LA9 7BY
UNITED KINGDOM
TEL:+44 1539-721032
FAX:+44 1539-729573
www.leatherman.co.uk
sales@whitbyandco.co.uk
Thanks for that... just down the road. And if a 10year old Leatherman is good... I've had mince since Bosnia. The end of the blade has just snapped off. I'll drop it into them...

OK - a quick bit of research shows that they are a sub-set of torx. My point still stands though -a standard security torx won't get you anywhere!

OK - a quick bit of research shows that they are a sub-set of torx. My point still stands though -a standard security torx won't get you anywhere!
Don't know what comes next - seven-point?

Remember the days you could maintain a car with the contents of one small tool roll?

I had mine stolen by an African who just wanted it to repair something, unfortunately I was unaware at the time to never lend anything to them and never clocked his face. Will they send me a new one, it happened many years ago.

Glad I found this thread.
I managed to break one of the attachments on my Leathermans over five years ago.
I didn´t send it in for repair as I didn´t want to be without the whole tool for weeks on end while it was being dealt with.

Rather than it being called the Leathermans Tool, I think it should be called the "McGyver Tool". Everyone I know who has one has referred to it "jokingly" as such.

An aside: Loaned my then Leatherman (or is that leatherperson - PC?) to a chook (signaller) who then subsequently lost it! **** I was 'spewing', had it for years. Now got a Leatherman Surge.

Latest Threads