Leather Jacket advice?

A semi-scientific question
What is the hardest wearing leather jacket (of mainstream materials)

I understand lamb & goat are very soft &

cow & horse are stronger, can anyone advise for or against?

thanks in advance

A semi-scientific question
What is the hardest wearing leather jacket (of mainstream materials)

I understand lamb & goat are very soft &

cow & horse are stronger, can anyone advise for or against?

thanks in advance
Kangaroo's supposed to be good but cowhide will see you ok. Is it for motorcycling?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
goat is probably the toughest for bike use, nowadays its all kevlar but back when it was important the toughest gloves were goatskin. they took some loosening up which wasnt a bad thing and they werent the most expensive.

nowadays its a lot of pigskin with kevlar lining. I have a feeling the issue gloves are piggy based as they can split the leather to make it super thin and it has a finer grain.

T

trowel

It is not for biking, more for general wear, but in a some harsher climates than UK
I`ve got a goatskin leather jacket which I`ve had for more than 20 years. Tough, heavy, and nigh on indestructible. Pigskins OK for summer, but for most of the year I stick to my goatskin.

I thought leather was awful when wet? If you want a tough, durable jacket you're far better off with a heavyweight Barbour wax jacket.

My advice about leather jackets is simple.

Don't wear one you'll look a ****.

The fonz wore one and he's a ****, as did Bodie, Face from the A team and Don Estelle.

My advice about leather jackets is simple.

Don't wear one you'll look a ****.

The fonz wore one and he's a ****, as did Bodie, Face from the A team and Don Estelle.
Maybe he's a Black half Vampire who needs to mingle with Goths before slaughtering them?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skid2 Classified Ads 0
Tricky1982 The NAAFI Bar 8
Raven2008 Aviation 13