Leather Cross Belts

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Harry_Hesh, Nov 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The RMLY have, over many years of careful consideration, elected to adopt the above, in brown leather, akin to QRH pattern to replace the Sam Brown. Any ideas as to manufacturers, second hand sources etc. All comments gratefully received.
  2. I didn't think it was their decision to make! Shurely the ADC would have an opinion on it, teh pattern and the manufacture of it - OAT.
  3. Harry

I would suggest as a starting point you give Keith Davis at: http://www.intramarkuk.com/default.asp a call.

You will find the Regiment has dealt with him for the Guidon.

4. Thanks Yeo Man - very helpful.

Barbs - well done on stating the obvious. By stating all comments greatly received, I did of course mean helpful ones.
  5. Excuse me for not being abundantly clear: if this has been authorised by the ADC and the regiment is able to wear them then you will be able to get the details from the regiment.

If you are looking for ideas to go to the ADC with, then the ADC have experts who can help you/ recommend to you.
  6. Well aware of the procedure old chap. As with all things yeomanry - a majority of the kit is hand me downs. Given the reluctance and inability of subbies and SNCOs to shell out for said items and the fact that a TA officers uniform allowance covers about 1 shirt and a sock, as ever, this will be done as frugally as possible. THE ADC does sanction all decisions, as you rightly say, and strangely enough the Regt has approached this in the appropriate manner.
  7. Harry

If you have not dealt with Intramark before, could I offer a little advice. Keith Davis took over the helm after the untimely passing of Robert Lamble. Intramark are a very good source of supply for most accoutrements, cutting out the middleman and associated cost in most cases.

However they get very busy, therefore it is always a good idea to get everything in writing; requests, quotes and orders. I assume if you are suggesting a QRH style pouch belt, that the regiment will also need a quote for brown leather sword slings.

Is it the belt to be plain or will it have a plate and pickers? Will it require a pouch or will it use the No.1 dress pouch as the QRH do.

Kind Regards