Learn Russian if you are in the USAF

Discussion in 'US' started by KGB_resident, Mar 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://americanews.ru/en/h43/7266.html

Does it mean that the Pentagon plans operations in Russia? Maybe.

2. the mother land has been known to have a drop or too of oil...... heir hitler came for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :censored:

3. What oil are you speaking about? Just few billions barrels. Also the climate in Sibiria is too severe. No, no. It is a bad idea. Why not to learn Arabic or Persian? It would be much more practical.

4. middle east as good as used. now russia,, quite un molested. most of europe is served by gazprom.............

5. Poor, poor Russia. We would be bombed no doubt. Such a tragedy. But maybe I would have a chance to dig a shelter in the country side?

-------------------------------------------

A hint: suppose that you are on a joint mission with the Russian and your Russian comrade wish to make a risky move. Say him

Pizdoy blyad nakroyeshsya yebannyy v rot khuyesos khrenov.

6. If the Americans could just learn English then they could invade the Falklands for the oil :D

7. ....end of a long winter.....out comes the vodka.....

8. msr

msr LE

And at the start of a long winter, during the spring, all the way through summer and well in to autumn :)

msr

9. Russian was a standard second language when I was at school. Never guess GCHQ was was down the road.

10. Our glorious allies ought to learn English first.

And speak proper like what i does.

11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I notice that a lot of Russian military people speak English. Is the motherland preparing for operations in the Anglophone world?

I would have thought that significant numbers of US military personnel learning Russian and by extension learning about Russia would be a good thing. I suspect if you had found out that Russian studies had been dropped by the US military they would be accused of being uninterested in a significant world player.

12. Frankly speaking, I suspect that the newborn interest to the Russian language in the USAF is connected to the air base somewhere near to Afghanistan. Almost everybody speak Russian in Kyrgyzstan and an abitility to communicate with the locals would help to win "hearts and minds".

13. http://www.af.mil/news/story_print.asp?id=123181940

Baylor offers a wide range of languages such as Arabic, Dutch, French, Greek, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Swahili and Russian. Col. Danny Leonard, a Det. 810 professor of aerospace studies, said many cadets are already participating, since he announced the program this fall. More students have expressed interest in learning a foreign language as a result of the new policy.

knowledge of Russian and Chechen languages in the Army Air Force United States
    By the way Sergei, the USAAF (United States Army Air Forces) hasnt existed since 1947

14. oil pipe line was pushed through afganistan when the good old u s of a invaded. odesa wanted to join nato and turn the port into a oil terminal, until the red bear awoke.......

red tanks left in woods as decoy targets ?????????

15. Indeed the USAAF don't exist now. But I mentioned the USAF that apparently exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Force