Learn Russian if you are in the USAF

http://americanews.ru/en/h43/7266.html

For knowledge of Russian and Chechen languages in the Army Air Force United States began to pay extra $ 500 a month. Moreover, according to Lt. Col. Paul Valenzuela, responsible for implementing the program of language training and regional studies at the Air Force, the allowance can get absolutely all soldiers, not only those whose duties require proficiency in foreign languages, for example interpreters or scouts.

As stressed by Valenzuela, directing the Ministry of Defense has concluded that implementation of the various missions abroad depends largely on the ability of soldiers to communicate in the language of the inhabitants of the country where the operation is conducted...
Does it mean that the Pentagon plans operations in Russia? Maybe.

the mother land has been known to have a drop or too of oil...... heir hitler came for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :censored:

red_square said:
the mother land has been known to have a drop or to of oil...... heir hitler came for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :censored:
What oil are you speaking about? Just few billions barrels. Also the climate in Sibiria is too severe. No, no. It is a bad idea. Why not to learn Arabic or Persian? It would be much more practical.

KGB_resident said:
red_square said:
the mother land has been known to have a drop or to of oil...... heir hitler came for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :censored:
What oil are you speaking about? Just few billions barrels. Also the climate in Sibiria is too severe. No, no. It is a bad idea. Why not to learn Arabic or Persian? It would be much more practical.
middle east as good as used. now russia,, quite un molested. most of europe is served by gazprom.............

red_square said:
KGB_resident said:
red_square said:
middle east as good as used. now russia,, quite un molested. most of europe is served by gazprom.............
Poor, poor Russia. We would be bombed no doubt. Such a tragedy. But maybe I would have a chance to dig a shelter in the country side?

-------------------------------------------

A hint: suppose that you are on a joint mission with the Russian and your Russian comrade wish to make a risky move. Say him

Pizdoy blyad nakroyeshsya yebannyy v rot khuyesos khrenov.

KGB_resident said:
red_square said:
If the Americans could just learn English then they could invade the Falklands for the oil :D

codbutt said:
....end of a long winter.....out comes the vodka.....
And at the start of a long winter, during the spring, all the way through summer and well in to autumn :)

msr

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I notice that a lot of Russian military people speak English. Is the motherland preparing for operations in the Anglophone world?

I would have thought that significant numbers of US military personnel learning Russian and by extension learning about Russia would be a good thing. I suspect if you had found out that Russian studies had been dropped by the US military they would be accused of being uninterested in a significant world player.

Frankly speaking, I suspect that the newborn interest to the Russian language in the USAF is connected to the air base somewhere near to Afghanistan. Almost everybody speak Russian in Kyrgyzstan and an abitility to communicate with the locals would help to win "hearts and minds".

http://www.af.mil/news/story_print.asp?id=123181940

Baylor offers a wide range of languages such as Arabic, Dutch, French, Greek, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Swahili and Russian. Col. Danny Leonard, a Det. 810 professor of aerospace studies, said many cadets are already participating, since he announced the program this fall. More students have expressed interest in learning a foreign language as a result of the new policy.

knowledge of Russian and Chechen languages in the Army Air Force United States
By the way Sergei, the USAAF (United States Army Air Forces) hasnt existed since 1947

oil pipe line was pushed through afganistan when the good old u s of a invaded. odesa wanted to join nato and turn the port into a oil terminal, until the red bear awoke.......

red tanks left in woods as decoy targets ?????????

Goldbricker said:
http://www.af.mil/news/story_print.asp?id=123181940

Baylor offers a wide range of languages such as Arabic, Dutch, French, Greek, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Swahili and Russian. Col. Danny Leonard, a Det. 810 professor of aerospace studies, said many cadets are already participating, since he announced the program this fall. More students have expressed interest in learning a foreign language as a result of the new policy.

knowledge of Russian and Chechen languages in the Army Air Force United States
By the way Sergei, the USAAF (United States Army Air Forces) hasnt existed since 1947
Indeed the USAAF don't exist now. But I mentioned the USAF that apparently exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Force

The United States Air Force (USAF) is the aerial warfare, space warfare, and cyberwarfare branch of the U.S. armed forces and one of the American uniformed services. Initially part of the United States Army, the USAF was formed as a separate branch of the military on 18 September 1947 under the National Security Act of 1947.

Given that 'those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it' (cue Afghanistan) I wouldn't have thought that even the Americans would be so stupid as to attack Russia. As the saying goes 'the Russians have two Generals who have never been defeated - General Autumn and General Winter'.

General Winter and General Mud surely?

The thing to avoid when I was at school, was to not get caught by one of the Russian teachers. You only got 25 lines, but all in that funny ruski alphabet!

Well three years of hard taught Russian all I remember is 'Hello', 'Goodbye', 'Yes', 'No', and 'Vodka'!

Any further conversations will be carried out by the traditional English method of speaking louder and slower at the locals. :)