Learn a new language for free

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Jan 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Unfortunately I cannot find a complete list of the languages they offer, but the range is very extensive although sadly missing Czech...

2. cool - i've been battling with various RS torrents and patches and crap for ages now.
  3. Thank you.
  4. Surely there is a catch??
  5. msr

msr LE

Not that I can see...

But please let us know if you find one.

6. I have just sent an email so we will wait and see
  7. Dont hold your breath.....I've tried emailing to register umpteen times over the last 6 months, from both civvy and military email addresses yet had no response.

Better to look up the number of a 'walk in' centre or ring them....
  8. Lumpy

Thanks mate
  9. msr

msr LE

Just phone them up.

10. Hey Lumpy

Soon as I finished reading your post i checked my emails and there was a reply and the lady has given me her number she said I need a Defence Learning Portal Account does anyone know what one of them is DOH!!
  11. msr

msr LE

12. Just called them, nice bloke explained I needed to call 0870-600-8910 to set up a learning account. Best to check first as you may already have one.
    Nice lady then gave me a web address to register:

Your username and password are then sent out within five working days.

This will give you access to all the electronic learning packages, not just Rosetta Stone language courses.

As you'll note, it's DII so I can't do it until next time I go onto the base.
    Can someone give it a whirl and let me know roughly how long it takes?

Edit: beat me to it MSR.
  13. msr

msr LE

That should read 'ought to be sent out within five working days', as they appear to have a several week backlog....

14. so are these online learning courses?
    do i need permission from my unit or can i just go ahead and call them up?