"Leaked" cuts document

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by canteen_cowboy, Jul 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well im not surprised they are cutting mostly Scottish Regiments are you ? With what's going on.

2. Not too sure how you get that impression.

3. The Prime Ministers Office in Suva is expected to release a statement shortly about these cuts in troop numbers.

4. This is only the first round! Sighs of relief from certain battalions, including those in the RRS, are a little premature, the Army will go through it all again in 2015.

5. I'm afraid that an Army of 100, 000 soldiers was a massive emotional floor which many previous governments were too frightened to crash through.

The deed has been done now and due to the other economic background noise there has been no real outcry or backlash.

I now expect there to be a continuous round of salami slices until a new barrier is identified. I don't know if that will be an actual figure of 50k, 75K or something like a complete loss of a capability, such as airborne, commandos, ability to guard the palace or something. Defence capabilities will depend on how good the PR machine is because that equals votes.

• Like Like x 2

6. Never!

What never?

Well hardly ever...

7. Any takers on 50,000 as the next line in the sand?

• Like Like x 1