Leading Aircraftman Sykes Dies

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by re-stilly, Jul 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Eric Sykes has shuffled of this mortal coil agaed 89. A funny bloke and one of the old school comedians, everytime I watch The Plank it has me in tears.

Linky bit
  2. Always made me laugh when I was a kid.

RIP Eric.

3. He's died about 4 times today, thus far.
  4. Well at least you will learn who he is then...
  5. Has someone popped his clogs then
  6. Some bloke who invented the wooden plank.

For what it's worth, I've just watched the 1st 9 mins of said "hilarious" footage.....and it's gash.
  7. Sykes' subtleties worth recapturing
  8. Plank!
  9. That's what I said. Plank. Is there an echo in here.

Shit film.
  10. I would like to see Hattie sit on your face!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I'd let her have a go, assuming that she's still alive?

RIP, it's a bit sawdusty in here.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Sykes appeared dead to me for at least the last 10 years.
  13. Bit late mate. Mind you, she trained as a ballet dancer so she would have been gentle.
  14. Sad news that Eric Sykes died, the country has now lost the last of those great British comedians and writers from the post WW2 era. Felt a bit like Milligan and Sellers passing, a sad loss for a certain generation. That said, he did have a good knock and his body of work will be remembered long after his demise...RIP and thanks for the laughs!
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Despite some of the comments here, apparently not the NAAFI, I am sorry to hear of his demise. We are running out of comics who can be funny without saying '**** off you **** fuckwit, ooh look at me, I'm as cutting edge as that bastard Hirst with a ****ing cow and a chainsaw.'

The youth have lost Sykes, and gained Russell Brand; 'You lucky people!'
    • Like Like x 5