• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Leading Aircraftman Sykes Dies

Sad news that Eric Sykes died, the country has now lost the last of those great British comedians and writers from the post WW2 era. Felt a bit like Milligan and Sellers passing, a sad loss for a certain generation. That said, he did have a good knock and his body of work will be remembered long after his demise...RIP and thanks for the laughs!

Despite some of the comments here, apparently not the NAAFI, I am sorry to hear of his demise. We are running out of comics who can be funny without saying '**** off you **** fuckwit, ooh look at me, I'm as cutting edge as that bastard Hirst with a ****ing cow and a chainsaw.'

The youth have lost Sykes, and gained Russell Brand; 'You lucky people!'

Despite some of the comments here, apparently not the NAAFI, I am sorry to hear of his demise. We are running out of comics who can be funny without saying '**** off you **** fuckwit, ooh look at me, I'm as cutting edge as that bastard Hirst with a ****ing cow and a chainsaw.'

The youth have lost Sykes, and gained Russell Brand; 'You lucky people!'

Middle-age maybe but I watch Live at the Apollo, with Jimmy Carr maybe the High Priest of the art, as professional sneering and crowd manipulation. Anxious 20 and 30 somethings hell bent on a 'good time right'. If you laughed at Noel Edmond's House Party then this is the next evolutionary stage; like a large clique of people too afraid to say to admit they've got no clothes on. A mass act of killing time.

Latest Threads